Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking Statistical Scientists for our Statistical & Data Sciences Practice in our Menlo Park, CA office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participation in diverse projects involving exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling, study design and analysis, and expert testimony
- Application of risk analysis methodologies to problems in engineering, health, finance, ecology, and the environment
- Development and management of projects
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. (or M.S. degree with two years' experience) in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate statistical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience or capabilities in such subject areas as statistical data mining, analysis of reliability and life data, experimental design, or quality control/improvement
- Familiarity with one or more statistical software packages (knowledge of SAS is a plus)
- Programming and data management skills (e.g., C++, SQL, Visual Basic, Python, Access) are especially desirable
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.