Applications Engineering Internship (Fall 2020)
Tesla is looking for talented, highly motivated university students to support our various applications engineering teams to continue to be at the forefront of building a consistent and trustworthy experience across all touch points from digital, sales & service, factory software, to internal application touch points and much more!
As you continue to discover your passion and strengths in navigating your career path, you can be part of one of our internship programs within the following teams Digital Experience, Factory Software, Financial Platforms, Internal Applications/Enterprise Resource Planning as well as Service and Customer Support. Each of these departments have a dedicated team member(s) that focus on the following:
- Create a fun, classy and simple user experience by leveraging designs through visual & interactive design, and content to grasp Tesla’s work and tone to the user from Tesla website to payment platforms and much more!
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to define, execute, and maintain program/project. Execute multiple programs/projects simultaneously from project kickoffs all the way to launch plans. Setup appropriate communication paths of program/project status to different levels and groups of the organization. Drive end-to-end execution of project/program across different teams.
- Focus on critical or strategic programs from a technology perspective to ensure you drive processes to completion from beginning to end. Drive end-to-end execution of project/program across different teams.
- Focus on the life-cycle, software development cycle of the product. Drive a product, develop strategies and infrastructure tools.
- Partner alongside software engineers and various cross functional team members to build, define, execute, manage, perform and support various aspects of real time projects.
- Develop process to support various functions across teams
- Set up appropriate communication paths of program or project status to different levels and groups of the organization
- Drive end to end execution of project/program across different teams
- Independent and driven to react quickly to changing business strategy
- Team player and collaborator across all teams
- Identify additional areas of opportunity and means for knowledge sharing practices across teams
Be able to complete a 12 week internship program
· Design – Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, UX Design, UI Design, Motion Design or equivalent degree
· Product Management – Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Information Systems, MBA, or MS related Engineering discipline
Experience in product life-cycle, software development life-cycle, Scrum, Kanban, CSM, PMP, JIRA and Confluence
Previous relevant internship and/or relevant project experience is a plus.