This is a hybrid position for people who have a mix of business, corporate, financial and/or scientific background who can handle a fast-pace and high-pressured environment. Must be a fast learner and demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Conducts herself/himself with the highest degree of professionalism and interpersonal effectiveness. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
Handles a broad range of business and operational tasks to assist a cross-functional team of business executives, clinicians, regulatory experts, and other drug development specialists:
* Assist in project management for business development, clinical trials operation, and other duties as assigned, including creating Powerpoint presentations for strategy development meetings, management meetings and excel worksheets for tracking deliverables and milestones;
*Engaging in business development activities through initiating meetings, conducting follow-ups, organizing due diligence activities, assisting in execution of corporate partnerships or investments in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical companies;
* Coordinating and maintaining corporate files such as confidentiality agreements, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, and regulatory documentations;
* Assisting with specialized tasks such occasional financial reporting, invoicing, and certain accounting matters.
* “Roll up the sleeves” and handles other operational activities for the office.
* BA/BS degree from a well-regarded college or university a must
* MBA from a top 50 school a plus (or BA/BS with prior full-time experience will be considered for the Manager-level)
* Skilled user in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), especially creating Powerpoint presentations
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexible schedule
* Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving. Seek guidance when needed
* Working experience in a self-starter environment including high tech, biotech, or pharmaceutical companies a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Smart, high-energy and positive people
* Only local San Francisco Bay Area candidates will be considered.