Audio/Visual Project Engineer
Engineers have always been an integral part of Ford AV. And, they play a significant role in the systems that are designed and installed. Engineers have the opportunity to design all types of sound, video and lighting systems for businesses, education, performing arts centers, government, houses of worship, entertainment and sporting venues. Ford AV Project Engineers focus on the design, commissioning, and testing of each AV project. They coordinate with project management, architects, and consultants to ensure the system design is accurate and meets the specifications. Every engineer is expected to approach all Ford AV projects with an emphasis on quality design, installation, and service.
Engineers who are new to the industry and do not have the required practical experience may be placed on a development plan that offers two training paths. The first path requires the engineer to work initially as an Installation Technician or in an onsite technical support role for an enterprise-level customer. Then, they will move on to Field Engineering prior to becoming a Project Engineer. For applicants with more experience, the second path may begin as a Field Engineer prior to becoming a Project Engineer. Because commercial AV requires exposure to an extensive range of technical topics, this training plan requires a four-year commitment. The Installation Technician and the Field Engineering positions both require extensive travel as our projects are located across the US and may take several months to complete. Installation Technicians install equipment, pull wire, and make terminations at the job site. Field Engineers test and repair equipment at the job site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Experience with the design and installation of professional audio, video, network and lighting systems
- Programming experience with Crestron/AMX
- Experience with CAD or AutoCAD
- Interest/ Knowledge of room acoustics and noise control
- Solid leadership ability
- Ability to travel: Approximately 4 days/month (depending upon the size & location of the project)
- High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality of work
- Excellent communication and PC skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Driven by quality customer service
- Seek long-term employment
- Personal interest in electronics, music, sound, lighting, computer networking and/or video systems desired
Compensation & Benefits:
Ford offers on-going industry training, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, travel Per Diem, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K with matching, industry certifications and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.