Property Manager (Temporary)
***Position will have a limited duration, not to exceed December 2020***
The position of Property Manager serves as the primary representative and contact between the property occupants and the Facilities and Strategic Infrastructure Management (FSIM) to coordinate all facilities needs of assigned buildings and properties. Responsible for overall management of assigned buildings and properties including property planning for space utilization, appearance and condition, remodeling, renovation and major maintenance. Projects include the full range of disciplines such as architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and civil. Performs long range planning to assure that properties meet the needs of the occupants and are effectively utilized, upgraded and maintained to protect the asset and provide an atmosphere of health, comfort and safety for employees and the public. Position is subject to grant funding.
- Inspects assigned properties to assess condition and identify repairs, renovations, remodels and major maintenance requirements.
- Meets with property occupant representative(s) to determine level of satisfaction with services provided by FSIM and identify current or future facility needs of users.
- Coordinates closely with Facilities Maintenance Manager to assure that routine, preventive and predictive maintenance requirements are identified and completed.
- Coordinates closely with Facilities Resource & Planning Manager to obtain space usage and interior design services or consultation.
- Assure that all facilities documentation is properly coordinated for production, standardization, and filing with the Facilities Resource and Planning Division.
- Develops scope and cost estimates for renovations, remodels and major maintenance projects using FSIM resources and/or outside consultants and contractors.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of specifications and drawings needed to accomplish projects.
- Reviews bids and proposals, assists in consultant and contractor selection and makes recommendations for approval.
- Acts as project manager to coordinate all aspects of a project with other FSIM personnel, consultants, contractors and occupants.
- Administers project budgets, contracts, reviews and approves applications for payment.
- Provides or obtains technical assistance as needed to assist maintenance personnel in the analysis and solution of maintenance problems.
- Assists the Facilities Maintenance Division in developing and updating the Facilities Maintenance Management System (FMMS) data base and task descriptions.
- Participates in FSIM staff meetings as a management team member to coordinate activities with other department staff and to formulate and review department policies and procedures and organization issues.
- Develops short and long range plans to identify facilities capital and major maintenance needs.
- Prepares and administers lease agreements for properties leased by the County either as tenant or landlord.
- Responds to emergency calls as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate's degree in Facilities Management, Property Management, Construction Management or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in property management or related field.
- Knowledge of the operation and functions of building systems to include cleaning methods, electrical distribution, HVAC, heating, boilers, chillers, environmental control systems, structural and architectural components.
- Knowledge of federal, state and regional building, fire, safety, electrical and other required codes.
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance standards, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of occupational safety and environmental hazards, standards and regulations.
- Experience in renovation/construction project management. Knowledge of facilities maintenance management systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, make formal presentations to groups or individuals, establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, county employees and consultants and contractors performing work for the County.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle record check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Mechanical IV and/or Contractor's License highly desired.
- Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) certification, or have the ability to successfully obtain within ninety (90) days of employment.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with frequent trips to various County facilities. Supervision is performed at various maintenance, renovation, and/or construction sites. Responding to emergency calls under varying weather conditions may be required.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER