2021 Summer Equity Research Associate
Please upload a single file containing your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript.
The Summer Research Associate program is a ten-week internship opportunity for rising seniors. Like Dodge & Cox’s full-time Research Associates, Summer Associates work directly alongside one of our investment professionals in an apprenticeship role. Organized on an industry basis, teams evaluate investments in companies located around the world. Over the course of the internship, Summer RAs rotate between industry teams to evaluate current and potential investment opportunities.
Primary responsibilities vary, but will likely include:
- Collecting and analyzing financial and industry data and metrics.
- Building and maintaining financial models and databases.
- Attending meetings with senior management teams and sell-side analysts.
- Participating in weekly training sessions.
Dodge & Cox’s well-established reputation often leads companies to seek us out as investors. We routinely host Fortune Global 500 executives at our offices in San Francisco. These meetings are often open to Summer RAs.
The Summer RA program targets candidates with exceptional levels of academic achievement from various disciplines.
Candidates should have:
- An excellent academic record and strong standardized test scores.
- Coursework in accounting and economics, statistics is a plus.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Initiative and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and investing