Digital Transformation & Information Technology Internship
Vital Medical Services, LLC (www.vitalmedicalservices.com), a portfolio company of Oceanview Capital Partners, Inc., is currently accepting applications for its Digital Transformation & Information Technology Internship.
This position represents a unique opportunity for highly motivated individuals to assume a wide set of responsibilities and make a significant impact in a growing, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment at the firm’s headquarters in Glendale, CA.
Vital Medical Services, LLC was co-founded by professionals with public safety and emergency medicine backgrounds with the goal of bringing emergency medicine and public safety together to maximize law enforcement patrol times efficiently and reduce liability to municipalities. Vital Medical Services, LLC currently serves over 30 public agencies, saving municipalities over $5 million while managing arrestee-related risk. Vital Medical Services, LLC offers specialized medical programs such as Forensic Blood Evidence Collection, Medical Screenings known as “Okay to Books,” Communicable Disease Exposure Testing, and Nasal Naloxone Programs.
As a Vital Medical Services, LLC Digital Transformation & Information Technology Intern, you will play a key role in leading the company’s digital transformation strategy and implementation efforts. Key responsibilities for this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a digital transformation business strategy to optimize operations
- Write code to design and create the system’s infrastructure and maintain consistent functionality
- Provide suggestions to ensure that the system is constructed in line with industry-leading standards
- Maintain constant communication of project timeline and overall progress with management
- Optimize existing data sets to ensure effective utilization within the new business process system
- Develop an understanding of current and long-term business strategies and tactics
- Assist relevant teams on special projects & ad hoc requests
- Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, and Computer Science majors preferred
- Familiarity with business automation tools such as ticketing systems, document management, and HIPPAA compliance is preferred
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as strong written and communication skills
- Prior experience with Enterprise Resource Planning system software is preferred
- Strong attention to detail, superior drive and integrity, and eagerness to learn
- High level of energy and flexibility with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Available full-time during the internship and screening process
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times
- Interest in entrepreneurship and portfolio company operations
- Must have ties to the Greater Los Angeles area
Digital Transformation & Information Technology Interns will be compensated in the form of student credit over the course of their internship.
Vital Medical Services, LLC is expanding, and full-time employment opportunities may be available for candidates that display exceptional performance during their internship.