Senior Service Specialist Diesel Engines
Location: Kohler, WI or Remote
All applications must be submitted on Kohler website. Please go to the green 'apply externally' website.
Are you an experienced diesel engine professional looking for an office-based customer focused role? If you enjoy building relationships with clients, resolving problems and providing excellent service, then the opportunity with Kohler Engines may be right for you.
KOHLER Engines, a division of KOHLER Co., has powered the toughest equipment in the commercial world since 1920. KOHLER Engines manufactures small engines for riding lawn mowers, garden tractors, walk-behind lawn mowers, concrete construction equipment, outdoor power equipment, welders, pressure washers and other products. For more information about KOHLER Engines, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
Under the direction of Mgr-Distribution & Service Sales, assist Kohler dealers, distributors, OEMs and end-users with technical assistance, troubleshooting, failure analysis, warranty, and training support.
- Support the technical call center by taking calls from our distribution network, OEMs, and end-users in a manner that maintains and grows this as a competitive advantage. Enter the information from these service calls into the caller data system.
- Respond to the service e-mails received from our internet site.
- Travel as required to investigate and remedy field problems.
- Identify any potential problem trends based on field reports, arrange for the return of sample parts and submit Field Complaints as needed to drive corrective action.
- Develop and conduct internal and external service training programs for dealers, distributors, and OEM accounts.
- Analyze warranty claims from dealers, distributors and OEMs. Approve or reject claims from dealers and distributors on basis of information submitted and obtain more data as needed.
- Provide consulting service to Technical Publications staff for their preparation of service manuals, bulletins, kit instructions, etc. Review preliminary drafts for technical correctness and understandable language.
- Perform disputed warranty inspections.
- Present ideas for product improvement to the Mgr-Distribution & Service Sales, Diesel Engines Americas.
- Review and assist in provisioning of service parts.
- Participate on new product and value improvement teams as required.
- Work to develop individual goals/objectives to support the department goals through the use of the Maximizing Performance Appraisal Process.
- Personally demonstrate and drive the Kohler Core Competencies.
- Five or more years of experience with the trouble-shooting and repair of electronic high pressure common rail diesel engines in the industrial or truck related industry.
- Associate Degree with strong emphasis in mechanical and electrical courses of study preferred.
- Must have ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Well developed customer service skills are required and group training experience is desired.
- Minimal travel if required.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.