Contract Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher
Job Title: Contract Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher
Note: This is a contract position. The employer is Pro-unlimited, location is at Genentech.
Job Description: We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Scientific Researcher in advanced analytics with a special focus in Machine Learning (ML)/Deep Learning (DL) and R-based automation to join the Modeling & Simulation Group within Clinical Pharmacology Department in Development Sciences at Genentech. The successful candidate will apply and advance ML/DL algorithms for the analysis of clinical pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) data such as biomarker, efficacy, safety, as well as contribute to automating analysis pipelines and report generation. The candidate will be expected to collaborate effectively with colleagues in Clinical Pharmacology and cross-functionally, working independently or under the direct supervision of a scientist. Daily responsibility includes: build, evaluate and improve ML/DL models, support the development of novel ML/DL applications, support internal/external presentations, as well as contribute to the automated execution and generation of clinical analyses and reports via R-Shiny/R-Markdown. Additional responsibility may include contribution to departmental initiatives in various areas of advanced analytics.
Who you are:
- Driven to apply Machine Learning and other automation tools to help advance drug development
- M.S or B.S. or equivalent in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Statistics, Pharmacometrics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related quantitative disciplines
- Solid programming experience in R (preferably including R-Shiny and R-Markdown) and Python. Experience with Matlab or Mathematica would be a plus
- Experience in developing, applying and extending Machine Learning pipelines
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as Keras, TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Knowledge of drug development, clinical trial data, pharmacology/pharmacometrics basic principles is a plus, but not required
- Willingness to learn and collaborate in a cross-functional environment