AlphaVu’s Task at Hand
AlphaVu is quickly growing in the public transportation and infrastructure areas. We work closely with our clients in these industries to develop and implement outreach strategies based on analytic insights. AlphaVu is currently seeking a data analyst to produce client reports, manage digital outreach campaigns, and contribute to AlphaVu’s technological development. AlphaVu is also beginning to assist state governments in online contact tracing efforts during the coronavirus pandemic and is looking for additional support in this endeavor.
Our new Data Analyst will work with us to create and deliver analytic reports to our clients. This skill requires the ability to quickly synthesize information within evolving strategic frameworks. It also requires superior communications skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly, speak publicly, and generate visual representations of their ideas.
We also expect the Data Analyst to assist in client communication campaigns as needed and to become familiar with implementing online digital outreach campaigns. This includes creating targeted audiences and setting ad placements using insights gleaned from market data.
The Data Analyst will love working with and writing about analytics, all while helping to improve analytic frameworks that improve client and organizational decision making. While we don’t need a mathematician, they shouldn’t be a stranger to numbers. More importantly, they must have a passion for understanding how social data can be properly used and presented.
AlphaVu is a small but growing company. Team members should feel comfortable working in a small office setting (and remotely for the time being). Candidates should be able to manage work independently, enthusiastically contribute to team projects, and be adaptable to the immediate needs of a small business.
- Collect and analyze social data from online platforms and AlphaVu’s proprietary data analytics software.
- Manage and segment data using basic R and Python code.
- Synthesize large amounts of information into well-written reports and client presentations.
- Create and maintain client dashboards and visualizations using Tableau and similar software.
- Assist in COVID-19 online contact tracing efforts for government clients.
- Provide high-level customer support and communication for clients across our industries.
- Develop and implement digital outreach and strategic communication campaigns, including ad-supported placements.
- Understand and be able to use social media and search engine metrics in order to build and manage audiences.
- Assist in the planning and production of social media content and blog posts for both AlphaVu and our clients.
- Work with AlphaVu engineers on our ongoing systems development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, engineering, statistics, or a related field.
- Up to 3 years of relevant work and/or research experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media performance analytics.
- Expertise in the use of Excel.
- Basic proficiency in R and Python.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams as required.
- Passion for pitching in and working across boundaries and narrowly defined rolls in a small and growing company.
- Very self-motivated, organized, pays attention to detail, and able to quickly learn new skills and techniques.
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager.
- Familiarity with Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Familiarity with Tableau.
Salary and Benefits
- $55,000/year salary
- 50% healthcare premium
- Transit compensation
- Benefits $3,000 in value