Camps Programs Manager
We are a small Family Owned Art Education Company – we offer after school enrichment programs, camps, classes, birthday parties, and products such as DIY kits.
About the position
“We want to hire people who want to work. We love working
and we love people who love working.”
As the Camps Programs Manager you will be in charge of all the instructors and all operations relating to the camps such as; overlooking all activities and workshops, making sure instructors and campers are participating, and that the program is functioning as outlined. Camps Programs Manager experience, strong project-management skills, a self-starter with a high level of resourcefulness and initiative mentality, and the confidence to assess all aspects of the program is a must! But most importantly you must thrive on working hard to over-deliver and delight the customer!
We are looking to bring you on-board and have you help with admin and operations tasks that support our team in the areas of both Camp (all seasons) and Afterschool Program Operations. The role focuses on Camps during the Summer, Spring, Fall and Winter sessions and pivots to Afterschool Programs managing for the balance of the year. Typical responsibilities include planning programs and workshops; registering and onboarding campers; coordinating, scheduling, and supervising staff; and managing daily operations of the camp locations. This is a location-based position and as such we want you to have the flexibility of balancing a life outside the office and location-specific duties that will require you to travel to the camps for regular check-ins for all duties outside of admin responsibilities.
A brief outline of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the overall safety and well-being of participants and staff
- Overseeing, monitoring, planning and implementing of daily activities appropriate to the needs of varying age groups and activity types
- Managing staff and assigning tasks and scheduling as needed
- Establishing a positive rapport with students, parents, and instructors
- Managing and maintaining budget and partner and business costs (Parks & Rec etc.)
- Managing, maintaining, and updating program records, as well as updating weekly calendars (Google Calendar), client registrations and waivers, setting up virtual camps etc.
- Manage any issues that may arise including, but not limited to, camper behavior issues, schedule conflicts, parent complaints, etc.
About our expectations:
“We don’t want to hire people who just have to work - that is not our culture.
We want the wanters!”
We would need the ideal candidate to have:
- A strong communication skills set and experience working with both adults and children
- A strong comfort level with technology (G - Suite, WordPress & Woocommerce, Zoom)
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- A strong project and time management skill set
- Self-starter mentality and ability to find areas of improvement and propose adjustment based in prior experience
- Ability to engage and manage large groups in classroom settings
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in recreation or related field; supervisory experience is highly desired
Here’s who this position is not for:
- Those without solid experience in Camps managing
- People who have a lot going on already, and don’t have the time and focus needed to complete quality work
- Those who aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement
However, this position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful
- Can handle stress and tight deadlines
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude
- Is a high-functioning communicator
- Is organized
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go
- Is technology-savvy [Google docs, spreadsheets, calendar]
- Can handle direct feedback
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying collected
A few questions, if I may…
- Are you a Type A and proud of it?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also get things done.
- Do you love watching from the back of the stage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
We need you to make sure that the company brand stays consistent and reliable, from start to finish, with each project we put out. This position has high expectations but if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.