Innovations Lab - Investments Intern
Summary Job Description
Khazanah Americas is the San Francisco office of Khazanah Nasional Berhad (“Khazanah”), a ~$40 billion USD strategic investment fund headquartered in Malaysia. Khazanah has additional offices in Malaysia, UK, China, India, and Turkey.
Khazanah Americas is seeking a talented individual to join our San Francisco office as an Investment Intern. Khazanah Americas focuses on assessing venture capital and growth equity investment opportunities within the technology sector across North America.
Our intern will support the team, and gain valuable exposure to the field of investments, particularly in venture capital and growth equity. Individuals with an analytical/financial background, high attention to detail, and strong communication skills are highly desired.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
· Conducting research on various technology sectors, relevant market segments, specific companies, and
· venture activity market trends (e.g., artificial intelligence, mobility, enterprise software, cloud
· computing, big data, internet of things).
· Experimenting and piloting various investment-related technology platforms and IT solutions, ensuring
· seamless execution across deal team members.
· Identifying key strategic themes and whitespace opportunities within the technology sector, and
· understanding how they may relate to Khazanah’s existing and future investments.
· Creating investment memoranda and related presentations for senior management.
· Representing Khazanah Americas at various venture capital, investment, and innovation conferences and select industry networking events to build relationships.
· Providing general support to members of the investment group and other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
· Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields of study.
· Intellectual curiosity about technology and business models.
· Strong written communication skills, with the ability to sift through large quantities of information, both quantitative and qualitative, identify salient points, and communicate them in the appropriate form.
· Open mindset with professional acumen, equipped with organizational, business intelligence, and communication skills.
· High level of communication and interpersonal skills to network and build relationships with entrepreneurs and financial professionals.
· Strong execution and follow-through while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
· The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent judgement and problem-solving skills, and the ability to perform with maturity and integrity as a team player.
· Prior work experience in detailed financial modelling (three-statement operating model, DCF analysis) and valuation (comparable companies) a strong plus.