Tesla is seeking energetic and highly motivated Engineering Technicians to join our pilot production team. You will be part of a new pilot program where your impact will contribute to laying the foundation for a new product line for Tesla. You will have the opportunity to contribute to both process development and equipment improvement. A strong drive to learn new skills and acquire knowledge will enhance your ability to support production operations while your flexibility and communication skills enhance your ability to be team player in achieving Tesla's Mission.
- Display a positive attitude and practice strong work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy and goals of Tesla.
- Operate and troubleshoot process equipment.
- Work with experienced engineers and maintenance technicians in tool re configurations or modifications.
- Execute experiments and trial runs as designed by the engineering team.
- Collaborate with both production technicians and engineers by providing detailed reports and observations.
- Train new operators and technicians on equipment operation and processes.
- Work with maintenance and engineers to improve quality, yield, and throughput of product.
- Track and analyze key production metrics.
- Adhere to company policies of safety and conduct.
- Support other projects as needed by management as business needs change.
- B.S. or A.A.S degree in engineering or engineering technology and or equivalent in work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a pilot or production setting preferred, but not required.
- Able to interpret mechanical and electrical schematics as well as engineering drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word
- Knowledge in SPC, Process Capability, and Gauge R&R
- Knowledge in basic material fabrication (3 axis mill, lathe, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge in CAD and GD&T a plus