Data Engineer (full-time)
MOLOCO is hiring full-time data engineers!
MOLOCO is a programmatic advertising company that empowers mobile businesses to unleash the power of their data for fast, sustainable growth. Founded in 2013 by top talent from Google, Amazon, and Oracle, the company offers a complete suite of proprietary advertising solutions to help mobile companies optimize the performance of their acquisition, retention, and monetization efforts.
The MOLOCO RTB is a top-rated real-time bidding platform that provides scale across more than 7.5 billion devices, while the SaaS-based MOLOCO Cloud enables marketers to take control of their programmatic advertising in-house. MOLOCO is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, London, Seoul, Singapore and Tokyo.
Recently, MOLOCO’s Social Good Project was featured in the local news (KTVU) -- you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIFCMrxsUuI
You can apply here:
More details about the job description can be found in the link above (copied below for your convenience).
We are seeking exceptional data engineers to join us in building a state-of-the-art mobile advertising platform.
We understand the value of a strong engineering team and strive to hire only the best software engineers. While tackling challenging real-world problems, you will make a positive impact on millions of mobile users in the world and grow with top-notch colleagues. Check out our case study published by Google.
What You Will Do
- Turn unstructured logs, messages, and events into structured data that can be utilized for analytics, machine learning, and more.
- Implement backend data pipelines for manipulating and managing big data.
- Optimize various data processing pipelines with different goals including latency, cost, and throughput.
- Improve existing data pipelines in terms of scalability and efficiency.
- Design and implement fraud/abuser prevention/detection algorithms through analyzing complex time-series data.
- Collaborate with other team members (including infra, ML, performance, and data science teams) to help MOLOCO build the best mobile advertising platform in the world.
- Excellent software development skills and fluency in at least one programming language.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written).
- Experience in Cloud/Big Data platforms (e.g., AWS, GCE, Dataflow, Spark, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in distributed computing / MapReduce strongly preferred.
About Data Team at MOLOCO
- We use various Google Cloud Products, including Bigtable, BigQuery, and Dataflow.
- We primarily use Java (for Beam Java SDK), Go (our servers), and Python (ML pipelines).
- MOLOCO was featured as a customer example in the Data and Analytics Platform Overview at GCP Next'18. You can check out this video for more details about the company and the product (note that the presentation took place in July 2018, and we've grown & improved so much over the past two years!).