Quantitative Research Internship
Quantitative Researchers play a key role on the Quantitative Research (“QR”) team, which is responsible for developing and testing automated quant trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques. You’ll get to apply and hone your quantitative skills in a structured program that allows you to work side-by-side with, and learn from, those who are thriving in this exciting and growing field.
Locations: Chicago, London, Hong Kong, New York
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in a live trading environment
- Use unconventional data sources to drive innovation
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g., machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Experience with distributed computing using MapReduce
- Experience with analytical packages (e.g., R, Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Making Better Markets for a Better World
Citadel securities is an award-winning global market maker across a broad array of fixed income and equity products. Its unique set of capabilities and tools are designed to drive down the cost of transactions, helping to meet the liquidity needs of asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies, and public pension programs. Our firm is guided by its core values of championing honesty, rewarding excellence, continuously learning, solving problems together, and earning the win.
Stronger Foundations. Greater Heights.
Analyzing global markets with discipline and focus, Citadel employs a diverse range of strategies in an effort to bring capital to its fullest potential and deliver consistent investment returns of our clients. We do this by working harder, seeing farther, and by empowering the world’s most talented minds with the tools and culture they need to achieve peak performance. Our firm is guided by its core values of championing honesty, rewarding excellence, continuously learning, solving problems together, and earning the win.