Quality Improvement Coordinator
The Quality Improvement Coordinator oversees and monitors improvement programs across the region. In addition, works closely with the physician director and department director to conduct performance improvement initiatives across the organization. The coordinator uses established clinical guidelines and leverages technology to manage data collection, analysis, measurement and other KPMAS tools to improve the quality of care of KPMAS patients. The coordinator should have training and knowledge of continuous improvement principles as well as the ability to understand and use analytical reasoning to interpret and act on findings. The coordinator will support the implementation of changes in population care management practices to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of high quality care delivery.
- Collaborate with clinical, technical, analytical, and operational experts to implement and document population care management programs.
- Integrate data and technical solutions into project development and maximize the use of the Electronic Medical Records for population care management practices.
- Coordinate preventive care and disease management outreach initiatives to members through letters, secure messaging, phone calls, and through use of the EMR, including secure messaging, order entry (pending) and chart review.
- Practice and promote innovative practices within KP’s ethical and legal guidelines using established policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records, information, and departmental activities involving patient information.
- Research plan for data gathering and analysis; participate significantly in interpreting analyses and develop action plans accordingly. Data will involve pending orders and sending staff messages using Kaiser systems, specifically KPHC.