Data Scientist - Healthcare
Want to make a difference in the healthcare of our most vulnerable population? Be part of the team creating predictive analytics for seriously ill patients.
We are a healthcare startup looking for a data scientist to analyze home health data of seriously ill patients and assist us to build our decision support algorithm.
Initially, the candidate will work remotely on a project basis for 2 - 3 months and possibly transition to full-time staff following the successful buildout of our model.
What You’ll Do
· With the guidance of our data science advisor and working under our executive team, analyze home health data using the features analysis we have already developed.
· Start with the smallest compute footprint and simplest model first, then work your way up to Neural Networks and Deep Learning.
· Test for overfitting by utilizing, at minimum, training, validation and test sets.
· Select, perform and compare at least 3 different models with error analyses to include ROC curve metrics as well as a non-ROC curve metric.
· Transfer and operationalize to a production mode.
· Degree in data science, machine learning, bioinformatics or related field with a strong statistical background (having taken, for example, Statistics, Response Surface Methodology, Design of Experiments, etc.)
· Significant employed or academic experience building and validating predictive models on structured or unstructured data
· Ability to perform, understand the pros/cons, and hyperparameters of Neural Networks, preferably Deep Learning
· Understands the critical criterion of features that are interdependent and develops the model(s) with that in mind.
· Ability to work with big data utilizing Python, R, or similar language, capable of transferring and operationalizing to a production mode
· Self-driven and work well as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Ability to implement or recommend implementation of adversarial machine learning detection mechanisms is a plus
· Following qualifications would be a plus to potential longer-term position:
-Experience with integrating stream of biometric data into cloud environment
-Familiarity with medical device and health information technology standards including but not limited to ISO/IEEE 11073, FHIR, HL7, Continua design guidelines
-Familiarity with regulatory guidelines and standards such as HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST, FDA, CE, Health Canada
Innovatio HealthDesign, Inc. is a start-up focused on developing innovative tech-enabled healthcare solutions for the care of chronically and seriously ill patients in home settings.
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area but our work reaches across the nation.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Victoria Moy, Co-founder