Work with Conning IT, business areas and third-party vendors to maintain, support, test, and operate business applications. Provide IT operations support including technical support for batch processing infrastructure, schedulers, and market data interfaces. Work with internal and external resources to gather requirements, document workflows and assist in the configuration and integration of financial services software. Provide help and guidance to business users for products supported. Maintain release documentation and support change management for external products. Work on short and long term projects to support business applications
- Identify, design, implement, and support systems solutions. Includes gathering business requirements, developing system specifications, system interface implementation, system conversions/upgrades, testing, quality assurance, problem research/resolution, etc.
- Perform configuration, integration and testing tasks utilizing vendor software.
- Recommend, document, and implement initiatives to improve business processes, operations, interfaces, and data quality. Develop systems documentation including user instructions and procedures. Independently, monitor and assess systems and data integrity issues.
- Evaluation, testing, and implementation of third-party products and interfaces to provide business solutions. Work with project teams and system vendors to research and resolve outstanding issues. Follow up on outstanding issues and coordinate corrections and work arounds. Create and maintain accurate project documentation.
- Work directly with IT and business partners to evaluate requirements, problem solve, and design solutions.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Ability to coordinate and organize information to maintain flow of information between departments and teams.
- Provide on-call support for production systems and interfaces including occasional afterhours and weekend support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science. Equivalent work experience acceptable
- Asset management and investment operations knowledge beneficial.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team structure alongside application developers, analysts, and business users.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communications skill.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office.