Patient Care Coordinator
Do you have solid experience working in medical or dental practice? Are you passionate about customer service and teamwork? Can you communicate and connect with people? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented? Then this job may be for you!
My Doctor Medical Group, a private membership-based concierge medical practice in downtown San Francisco, is recruiting for a responsible and technologically-savvy patient care coordinator.
The Patient Care Coordinators (PCCs) at My Doctor Medical Group ensure that our patients have a 5-star experience from their first inquiring phone call through their ongoing medical care with us while working collaboratively to support our physicians and clinical team.. A star-quality coordinator will have an upbeat personality, a desire to help people, a commitment to working as part of a tight-knit mutually-supportive team, a keen intellect, and meticulous attention to detail. The PCC will find satisfaction in contributing to the smooth operation of the medical practice and outstanding patient outcomes.
About My Doctor Medical Group: MDMG is a two-physician, two-psychotherapist concierge medical practice in the historic 450 Sutter Building in downtown San Francisco. We believe people deserve more control over their health and health care and an empathetic, collaborative relationship with their doctor. Our areas of expertise include primary medical care, integrative medicine, mental health care, and addiction treatment, in addition to a concierge COVID-19 testing operation for international travelers and local companies. Our team is responsive, technology-enabled, and developing a better alternative to the standard assembly-line health care system. Our practice is committed to the best patient outcomes, with excellent communication, meticulous customer service, unwavering ethical standards, and diligent follow-through. We are an independent, out-of-network (non-insurance-based), membership-based practice, which achieves superior outcomes by utilizing appropriate evidence-based methodologies combined with outside-the-box thinking.
The Opportunity: This is an outstanding opportunity to join a cohesive team operating at a high level of professionalism, to create a medical care experience for our patients that exceeds expectations. As a concierge customer service specialist, operations team member, and medical assistant, you will be able to make a difference in the lives of many appreciative patients, while gaining broad exposure to the operations of a complex medical practice.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in a medical practice environment, and at least 3 years of demonstrated customer service experience, including in person, on the phone, and via electronic communication;
- Ability to provide empathetic communication with a smile even in challenging situations;
- Quick with technology, familiarity with cloud-based platforms such as Google Workspace and Zendesk.
- Greet patients, take vital signs, perform other medical assisting tasks, and handle patient flow in the office.
- Conduct new patient inquiry calls to gather information, explain our services, and help onboard new patients;
- Monitor and respond to patient and other messages in the electronic health record system, email, secure messaging, and other systems;
- Coordinate calendars of multiple providers using various computer/cloud systems;
- Explain our fees and program structure, bill patients, and follow up about financial questions with patients;
- Handle patient ledgers, billing, and accounts with a high degree of accuracy;
- Prepare electronic medical charts for the providers in advance of appointments;
- Collaborate with the doctors and therapists to help patients implement their treatment plans and work with them to facilitate their care;
- Help coordinate patient care between our office and other medical offices, pharmacies, and treatment programs;
- Maintain inventory and stocking of medical supplies;
- Participate in general staff meetings and patient-specific case management conferences;
- Create and update standard operating procedures, document new processes, and participate in ongoing quality improvement projects;
- Participate in our systems for feedback and professional development.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written, both in-person and virtual;
- A high degree of detail-orientation, punctuality, time management, follow-through, and self-motivation;
- Initiative, teamwork, and ability to take ownership of tasks and projects;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse clientele;
- Technology savvy, ability to pick up new systems quickly;
- Ability to adhere to practice policies and procedures, as well as government regulations, with a high degree of discretion;
- Ability to create and maintain an inviting and professional atmosphere in the public, patient and private areas of the office;
- Conflict resolution skills, ability to listen, and empathy;
- Commitment to protect the confidentiality of patient and practice information at all times;
Schedule: This is a full-time position on-site at our office. Work hours are generally expected to be 40 hours per week, and this position has a component of administrative coverage for evenings and/or weekends.
Training: On the job training will be provided, both with regards to our technology systems, standard operating procedures, and issues specific to our patient population. We have a comprehensive COVID-19 safety protocol in place.
This position offers competitive hourly compensation DOE, a full and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, commuter, paid time off and eligibility to participate in our 401(k) and profit-sharing retirement plans. It requires in-person, full-time work at our office in downtown San Francisco.
You may find more on our website: https://mydoctorsf.com.
No phone calls or direct e-mail, please. All inquiries must be through this application process. This position may be most appropriate for local candidates.