Energy Sales Trainee
The energy business in California could not be more tumultuous than it is today. From COVID 19 challenges, to the formation of Community Choice Aggregators, to expanding Direct Access for businesses, to the bankruptcy of PG&E and the wildfire risks for all utilities, no industry has seen more risks and opportunities than ours. Fortunately, Commercial Energy is ready for this, and is staffing its California offices with the best consultative salespeople in the country.
Commercial Energy is the leading B2B energy sales company in Northern California. We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Trainee/Assistant to join our exceptional growing team working out of our Oakland office. We are privately held, stable, and profitable. We are committed to and invest in green energy, energy efficiency, and our employees. We are looking for career-minded, talented individuals, to join in our success.
Since 1997 we have been setting the standard for businesses that want to manage their energy spend AND lower their environmental impact. This requires our sales team members to have three specific skills: Solution-based, Customer-centered, and Activity driven. This requires Commercial Energy to have the money to finance equipment retrofits, skills to manage energy price risks, and systems to put it all together. We have all three in place, as our privately held employee-owned business has been growing every year since our founding in 1997.
If you have those three career attributes and want to grow your career, you need to talk to us now. We are adding to our sales organization in Northern California. Our process and success in California have been built over 3,000 sustainable business clients in less than ten years with over a 94% annual retention rate and approaching $100 million in revenue and growing profits.
What you will do:
- Assist in any capacity necessary to provide a high level of service to our clients, employees, and vendors
- Organize sales presentations and ensure that all sales presentation materials are prepared prior to deadline
- Update customer records in the company database as required via Salesforce entry and data management between Salesforce and our MS Dynamics accounting system.
- Communicate (phone, email, video conference, in person) between clients and multiple roles and departments within the company fulfill service requests made by the client.
- Prepare and Manage sales reporting (End of Month, Monday Morning Meeting, CE360 InSite Opportunities, Activity, etc.)
- Optimize workflows and communications including designing and documenting reports; including ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Process and manage all customer meter enrollments and disconnects through all utilities.
- Provide historical invoices requests by customers or sales team
- Provide support to the sales team as assigned
Who you are:
- EXPERIENCE:You have at least one years’ experience in a high activity, customer-focused, sales driven business as in a sales support role
- CLIENT FOCUSED SOLUTIONS:You have succeeded best when you have provided a solution for a client, not just delivery of a product similar to our CE360. CE360 helps each client manage their energy supply cost while providing technology to lower their usage (demand) and optimize their logistics/delivery costs from the utility.
- PERSONALITY: Committed to competitive success, a deep curiosity to understand client needs, a desire to become an expert, and one who truly enjoys developing new relationships. You are guided by the principle of always doing the right thing for the client and for your peers.
- SKILLS:You are an exceptional communicator, both on the phone and through your e-mails and/or letters with:
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High energy, with unquestionable integrity, professionalism, and an ambition to succeed.
- Math is one of your strong suits and you enjoy problem solving.
- You want to be tested to prove how good you know you are.
- PREQUISITES: Bachelor’s Degree (GPA 3.0 or higher) from a four-year university and proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel and the Salesforce platform.
What we bring to you and your career:
- LEVERAGE: An opportunity to leverage a twenty-three-year-old, employee owned company with over 3,000 established customers to grow its geographic reach selling something every business uses every day, energy.
- REAL MONEY & CAREER PATH: A good base salary and quarterly performance-based bonuses. This position provides you with an entry into our sales organization with previous people in this role advancing to Account Manager and Account Executive roles with increase compensation and benefits.
- WEAK COMPETITORS: Our clients typically buy their energy from or through PG&E. Our client education process positions CE as a trusted advisor rather than just a commodity which expands our revenue streams.
- ONBOARDING:Your first 6-8 weeks will not be in the field as we fill your mind and your heart with our culture, our process, and our industry education. You will walk into the role well-armed to succeed with confidence.
- TECHNOLOGY: State of the art technology tools for client management via Salesforce, Apollo (email marketing), Map Anything (logistics) and LinkedIn Sales Navigator. Our presentations and our client solution portals are constantly being refined to meet the growing demand for data driven analytics.
- TEAM SPIRIT: We work hard here but we have fun too! We have customer events, scheduled parties, on-the-fly sporting events, and we eat incredibly well.
- USUAL EXTRAS: You are an employee here, not a contractor, so we help you take care of you and your family. The Company pays for your health plan benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life), that meet your individual needs and much of your family as well.
- EXTRA EXTRAS:Our 401-K plan provides up to an extra 4% company match cash contribution and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides equity in CE and retirement income to you AT NO COST.
- CAMARADERIE:You get to work in a positive, high energy environment, with others that share your dedication for providing, without question, the best customer experience to our clients in the fastest growing industry in America, ENERGY.
Talk to Us Now, Your Future won’t wait any longer!