Software Development Business Liaison
- Are you an information technology (IT) professional with exceptional soft skills who takes pride in delivering high quality service?
- Do you enjoy working with both technology and people?
- Are you a process-oriented individual who thrives on finding or building technology solutions that enable business partners to achieve their goals?
- Do you love the challenge of innovating technology solutions?
- Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment?
- Are you looking for a workplace that encourages diversity and collaborative teamwork where people care and support each other?
- If so, you’ve come to the right place!
- Please consider joining our team!
- To protect and serve Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate.
- The Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) is a progressive business regulatory state agency dedicated to the mission of protecting and serving Oregon's consumers and workers while supporting a positive business climate. The department administers state laws and rules governing workers' compensation, occupational safety and health, financial institutions, insurance companies and building codes. The department has consumer protection and education programs, offices, and ombudsmen to help consumers, injured workers, and businesses.
- This recruitment will be used to fill two positions with the Information Technology and Research (IT&R) Section of the Central Services Division. IT&R provides a broad range of specialized technical services in the areas of information systems, data analysis/dissemination, and computer/telecommunication services for a large, diverse agency. IT&R staff support the collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination of statewide and regional data about workers' compensation, accident prevention, insurance, financial institutions, corporate securities, building codes, and senior health insurance benefits. The section supports a number of critical systems to meet the regulatory requirements for each program and interact with other state and federal agencies.
- These positions are represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a productive and creative environment
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon
- Live, work, and play in Salem, Oregon
Here’s what you will do:
- In the Department of Consumer and Business Services’ (DCBS) Information Technology & Research section, our customers trust us to do the right work and deliver value. Your role as a Software Development Business Liaison is essential in achieving this vision. Business liaisons carry out a broad range of endeavors, including the following:
- Serve as member of a Customer Support and Systems Maintenance team that is a dedicated resource for its assigned business partners. You guide and assist your team with daily support tasks such as fixing interface data issues, answering user questions, analyzing customizations, working with developers to fix custom code, and working with the Systems Infrastructure team to troubleshoot network and server disruptions.
- Utilize a modern ticketing system to track work associated with incidents and service requests and ensure your team works its tickets in accordance with priorities set forth by your business partners.
- Lead analysis activities for system enhancement efforts.
- As a key steward for your customers’ systems, your advice and consultation is sought from peers, managers, and stakeholders throughout the organization. As such, you facilitate a variety of activities and functions, including the following:
- Collaborate with peers and managers to improve processes, ensure quality, and make efficient use of our resources.
- Collaborate with other IT professionals to provide expert information technology advice and leadership.
- Assist your customers with articulating their needs and requests, defining requirements, testing and implementing solutions, and setting portfolio priorities for IT projects.
- Apply IT systems analysis and design techniques to provide and recommend solutions for business problems.
- For a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities of these positions, please review the position description by clicking here.
Here’s what you need to qualify:
- The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at the Information Systems Specialist 7 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the Information Systems Specialist 6 qualifications to apply as we may consider underfilling the position for up to 36 months. Underfill candidates will be paid at the Information Systems Specialist 6 level salary range of $4,883 - $7,060 monthly and must meet the Information Systems Specialist 7 qualifications within 36 months of hire.
- Information Systems Specialist 7 Minimum Qualifications:
- Six (6) years of information systems experience in business analysis; IT systems analysis and design or customer and system support;
- An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND four (4) years of information systems experience in business analysis; IT systems analysis and design, IT customer or system support;
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND two (2) years of information systems experience in business analysis; IT systems analysis and design, IT customer or system support;
- A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Information Systems Specialist 6 Underfill Minimum Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of information systems experience in business analysis; IT systems analysis and design or customer and system support;
- An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND three (3) years of information systems experience in business analysis; IT systems analysis and design or customer and system support;
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in business analysis; IT systems analysis and design or customer and system support;
- Requested Skills:
- Analyzing processes, identifying system problems, and designing software solutions
- Analyzing a team’s support work (in aggregate) to identify, propose, develop, and implement operational efficiencies
- Gathering business and information technology requirements
- Collaboration, team-building, and relationship-building
- Ability to provide direction and mentorship to team members
- Providing advice and making recommendations to all levels of the organization and its partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people)
- Organizational, prioritization, and time-management
- Experience with the following:
- Working with IT systems in areas specifically related to software or data
- Understanding of software development methods, including analysis, design, development, testing, training, deployment, and operational hand-off standards and techniques
- Troubleshooting, tracking, and resolving software, data, or other technical problems
- Process modeling and conceptual data modeling
- Preference may be given to those who have the most comprehensive areas of experience as listed in Requested Skills section.
- Please ensure that you clearly demonstrate in your application materials that you meet the qualifications listed and that you follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you not being considered for the job.
How to apply:
- To apply for this position, click on the "Apply" button to fill out the online application and complete the questionnaire.
- A resume and cover letter are required for this job posting. Please attach them in the “Resume / CV” section of the application.
- Only complete applications received by the posted application deadline date will be considered.
After you apply:
- Log in to your Workday account before the job announcement closes to see if you have any pending tasks or actions, and make sure to complete these tasks or actions before the job announcement closes. These can be found under the “My Applications” section.
- Be sure to check both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.
- Please save a copy of this job announcement for your reference, as it may not be available for you to view after the job closes.
- You may be asked to submit a skills assessment, a writing sample, or a video interview as part of the application screening process.
- This position is subject to a fingerprint background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. For further information, please see the following website: Veterans Resources. NOTE: If claiming veterans’ preference please be sure to check your Workday account for pending tasks or actions under your “My Applications” section.
- The Department of Consumer and Business Services does not offer VISA sponsorships. Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States.
Helpful links and contact information:
- Learn more about DCBS
- Understanding the State Application Process
- Help & Support webpage
- For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at DCBS.Recruiting@oregon.gov or by phone at 503-378-3200.