Customer Service Associate
We are seeking an eager, and enthusiastic customer service representative with strong communication and decision-making skills, and a great work ethic as our next Customer Service Representative. The position is full-time and remote, but can eventually be based in our Richmond, CA warehouse, and will interact closely with our products (custom foam cushions, upholstery covers, and 100% natural organic mattresses) customers, and management and production teams. Ideal work hours are 8am-4pm Pacific time, Monday-Friday.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for maintaining effective customer service for all internal and external FoamOrder.com customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as interacting with team members within the Customer Service and Production Departments.
- Interact with customers via email and phone
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, always represents the company with high-quality communication
- Maintain positive interactions with customers, even during difficult situations and challenging interactions.
- Manage individual customer issues and ensure effective problem resolution
- Strong attention to detail and follow through to make sure what is promised to customers is delivered
- Positive attitude and customer-first mentality
- Problem solver who can make things happen and please customers while adhering to company policies
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of FoamOrder.com systems and processes and can communicate to customers as necessary
- Sets performance standards to meet service goals of company, and adheres to tracking processes to ensure adherence to standards
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Acts as intermediary between Customers and the FoamOrder Production team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service procedures & practices
- Able to resolve customer situations and to know when to escalate to more senior members of the customer service team
- Responds to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective fashion
- Acts as a resource in resolving customer issues brought to the Department by utilizing Company process knowledge and strong skills in negotiating and selling
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Familiarity with consumer eCommerce websites and interacting with customers regarding online purchases
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent spelling and strong customer interaction skills are a requirement for this job
- Familiarity with interior design, sewing, measuring a strong positive for this role