Operations Analyst I
I. POSITION OBJECTIVE
This position reports to the Plant Manager. The position will analyze and report abnormalities and discrepancies in inventory to ensure the right amount of goods on hand are available and ready for production. The position will be responsible for the data integrity and recordings of the inventory in AS400 and IBS systems. They will work with multiple departments to ensure open communication of available product daily
· A College diploma or equivalent is preferred
· Data analysis experience, one year preferred
· Knowledge in data analysis; database management, analyzing and reporting data regarding inventory issues, results, trends, and solutions
· Technical writing skills- have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate via email, or reports
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
· Proficient in computerized inventory systems
· Good organizational skills and attention to detail
· Good written and communication skills
· Ability to complete multiple tasks and demands
· Must have regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule when required.
III. JOB TASKS & DUTIES
· Review and investigate all discrepancies and report as necessary
· Track inventory and request purchase of consumable materials
· Verify& receive packaging material into AS400 database.
· Assist with discrepancy reports and disposition packaging
· Verify pallet labels and count on shipment paperwork
· Inventory cycle counts, manual counts, and physical counts and record the data
· Provide support for operational daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
· Verify inventory for production planning purposes as needed.
· Assist and enter monthly inventories in AS400.
· Perform month end close process. Review downtime and verify that all production is entered correctly in the month.
· Assist and or coordinate monthly inventories, reconcile variances and write recommendation reports to post
· Coordinate cycle counts in multiple plants and assist in reconciliation.
· Work closely with material handlers to monitor inventory transactions
· Work closely with shipping and receiving to monitor and reconcile inventory issues
· Report creation and inventory monitoring for item transactions
· Perform special projects as assigned
· Perform other tasks as assigned by management