Supervisory Program Analyst (Branch Chief)
Passionate about public health? Want to lead a new organization dedicated to data-driven enterprise risk management and internal controls? Join us as our first Branch Chief for Risk Management and Internals Controls in our new Enterprise Risk and Planning Staff! Position is in the Food Safety and Inspection Service, the public health agency within USDA. Closes 7/15/20. Must apply via USAJobs only. See full vacancy announcement for more information on how to qualify and apply.
This position is in the USDA/Food Safety & Inspection Service (FSIS), Office of Planning, Analysis and Risk Management (OPARM), which leads FSIS efforts related to strategic planning and evaluation, data analysis and advanced analytics, and enterprise risk management and internal controls. This supervisory position is the Branch Chief of the new Risk Management and Internal Controls Branch (RMICB), one of two branches within the new Enterprise Risk and Planning Staff (ERPS).
- Monitors and guides FSIS reporting, and coordinates and collaborates across offices.
- Directs and assists subordinates in the development and implementation of a robust enterprise risk assessment and internal control framework, program, and playbook, including conducting and/or coordinating evaluations, analyzing assessments, etc.
- Facilitates the development of FSIS' enterprise risk program among senior leadership and internal/external stakeholders.
- Coordinates with other OPARM branches and FSIS offices to ensure FSIS enterprise risk and internal control related efforts are uniformly exercised.
- Develops performance standards and uses them to evaluate the performance of subordinate employees. Identifies training needs, hears and resolves complaints and grievances, and gives advice and counsel to employees on work and administrative matters.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including time-in-grade restrictions and specialized experience, as defined below.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. (Must submit your SF-50 that shows Time-in-Grade eligibility and reflects your title, series, and grade.) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience:
Specialized Experience: You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- Providing information and advice on program and administrative internal controls systems and requirements to leadership;
- Evaluating the internal control implications described in policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- Designing and executing an enterprise risk program;
- Staying abreast of, and making recommendations to leadership regarding, enterprise risk management practices; and
- Exhibiting and applying understanding of planning, enterprise risk, and internal control principles to develop, guide, and challenge performance-related activities, produce independent analyses and perform quality control for deliverables, and to document, present, explain, and defend activities to decision-makers.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on how well you meet the qualifications listed in this vacancy announcement. Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your application materials (e.g., resume, supporting documents), the responses you provide on the application questionnaire, and the result of the online assessments required for this position. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
- Advisory Services
- Decision Making
- Program and Policy Advice and Guidance
- Program Planning and Management
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment. The online assessment measures critical general competencies required to perform the job.
Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or application questionnaire may result in your removal from consideration. Cheating on the online assessment may also result in your removal from consideration.
To view one of the application forms, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10844338
The Food Safety and Inspection Service is the public health agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsible for protecting the public's health by ensuring the safety of the Nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and processed egg products. For more information on USDA and the Food Safety and Inspection Service, visit FSIS.
***MUST APPLY VIA USAJOBS only: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572538200 . Applications will not be accepted via Handshake. See announcement for full job description and application requirements. ***APPLICANTS: Read all information very carefully, provide ALL requested documents by the closing date and ensure you demonstrate that you meet all minimum qualifications in order to be considered for this position. Contact Catherine Lavin via email (email@example.com) or by phone (816) 426-5706)*** if you have any questions on how to apply.***