Entry Level Environmental Specialist (SF Bay Area)
The selected candidate will work with our staff of environmental scientists, civil and mechanical engineers, safety professionals and industrial hygienists. The successful candidate will spend approximately 75% of their time performing environmental engineering and/or industrial hygiene based assessments and monitoring involving asbestos and lead. Other types of projects that you will perform include indoor air quality investigations; sampling of air, soil and water; construction monitoring; evaluation of buildings for hazardous materials; and historical site assessments.
The position will include approximately 75% field work and 25% office work over the course of the year. Note that SCA will train you in the necessary technical areas, so you do not need to have experience in all areas. The most important things you can bring to the job are a desire to learn, an ability to be flexible, and a willingness to work hard.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (preferred) or HS Diploma required
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel).
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time
• Must be physically able to climb a 20' ladder, lift up to 50 pounds, enter crawl spaces and attics, and work on construction sites near heavy construction equipment and in outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid conditions. Work may be conducted in locations where noise, fumes, dust, toxic materials are present.
• Participation in SCA's Medical Surveillance Program, which requires the selected candidate to maintain a current medical clearance to work and wear respiratory protection
• A reliable car, drivers license, and auto insurance for field work are REQUIRED
• Ability to work nights and weekends, which occurs up to 25% of the time, is also required.
This is an entry-level position! To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include your resume in the body of the email.
NO ATTACHMENTS PLEASE.
Important: Be sure to reference the exact Job Code in the subject line of your email.