Economic Analyst (Project Analyst)
Nexant Utility Services, a consulting business unit focused on providing research-based strategic advice, policy analysis, expert testimony, statistical analysis, economic modeling, and data collection services, is currently searching for qualified analysts and senior analysts to support its energy practice. Our clients span both public agencies and private utilities.
This position supports Nexant senior staff, providing ongoing research support for short term and long term projects. This position requires an excellent ability to multi-task, work with minimum supervision, exercise good judgment, and communicate with a wide variety of colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing and applying economic and statistical tools in support of business and policy analysis for clients in a variety of fields, but especially for demand-side management in the electricity industry
- Manipulating project-related data to assess trends and/or patterns and their ramifications from a policy or program perspective
- Developing quantitative cost-benefit or risk models
- Assisting senior staff in the preparation of reports, presentations, and testimony describing the results of projects
- Assisting in proposal preparation
- Performing market research and issue assessment associated with policy-related consulting assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or public policy with a quantitative focus.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, as well as client interface capabilities
- Experience and expertise with statistical analysis using software such as: Stata, R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Excel, Access or other data management software
- Experience performing econometric modeling
- An interest in the energy industry
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
- Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
- Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
- Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals. This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.