Senior Research Analyst -Drones & Automation
**This position can be based remotely in the continental USA or in one of our Guidehouse Offices. **
Guidehouse Insights is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join our Technology Insights team.
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The Senior Research Analyst is a well-regarded and established expert in the drones, robotics, and automation segment who is responsible for a syndicated research roadmap, manages the collection and analyzing of market data, and leads custom research projects. The role of the Senior Research Analyst provides Guidehouse Insights clients with subject matter expertise with a deep understanding of the technology, business models, and pricing dynamics of emerging industrial technologies and applications such as robotics, drones, industrial IoT, construction processes, and other emerging opportunities. S/he has a prominent reputation within the industry, who is also actively engaged in conducting analytical research and writing, and who consistently delivers work of the highest quality, within budget and on time.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of syndicated and custom research and clients
- Outlining research report roadmap, authoring research reports, and multi-client subscription products
- Quality assurance on quantitative market models and forecasts
- Managing custom research projects that may include both secondary and primary market research
- Maintain and grow client relationships by recognizing potential client needs and working with business development staff
- Write and price proposal responses, assess potential internal resource needs to meet custom research project requirements
- Participate in publicity, including writing short blogs, interacting with the press, and presenting at conferences
- Represent the mobility and energy research portfolio and thought leadership to clients and industry groups
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, business, economics, engineering or related higher education qualifications; Graduate degree preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience including relationships with key industry players
- Proven track record of client management and account growth
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong secondary research / information discovery and aggregation skills
- Solid quantitative analysis, ability to create market models and forecasts using assumptions gleaned from primary research
- Good interviewing skills
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence
- Technology market research & industry analysis experience
- Strong knowledge and proven expertise in the digital transformation of the industrial sector as well as business aspects related to emerging technologies and their applications, including: Drones & UAVs, Robotics & Automation, Advanced Manufacturing, Remote Monitoring & Maintenance, and Industrial Innovations
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
· Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
· Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Basic Life & Supplemental Life
· Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
· Skills Development & Certifications
· Employee Referral Program
· Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
· Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program