Passionate about public service, planning and evaluation? Want to join a new organization dedicated to data-driven strategic planning, surveying and program evaluation and help protect public health? Join us as our our senior Program Analyst in our new Strategic Planning and Evaluation Branch! This position is in the Food Safety and Inspection Service's (FSIS) Office of Planning, Analysis and Risk Management/Enterprise Risk and Planning Staff. FSIS is the public health agency within USDA. Salary range: $121,316 to $157,709 per year. Closes 7/27/20. Must apply via USAJobs only. See full vacancy announcement for more information on how to qualify and apply.
This position is in the Office of Planning, Analysis and Risk Management (OPARM), Enterprise Risk and Planning Staff (ERPS). OPARM oversees FSIS strategic planning, evaluations, surveys, enterprise risk management, internal controls, data collection and visualization, reporting, integration, and analysis. The incumbent conducts critical analyses of FSIS programs to help FSIS achieve its public health objectives and ensure programs are managed with integrity and in compliance with Federal laws.
- Collaborates on the development of significant findings and recommendations that can be undertaken in order to improve program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Designs and conducts studies, cost-benefit analyses, or other research.
- Performs program analysis and evaluation studies.
- Plays a key role in developing and managing the production of strategic and annual plans, quarterly reports, and performance measures.
- Defines project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Develops, modifies, or provides input to project plans.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on how well you meet the qualifications listed in this vacancy announcement. Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your application materials (e.g., resume, supporting documents), the responses you provide on the application questionnaire, and the result of the online assessments required for this position. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Performance Management
- Program Planning and Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete all required steps in the process. In addition to the application and application questionnaire, this position requires an online assessment. The online assessment measures critical general competencies required to perform the job. The assessment includes a cut score based on the minimum level of required proficiency in these critical general competencies. You must meet or exceed the cut score to be considered. You will not be considered for the position if you score below the cut score or fail to complete the assessment.
Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or application questionnaire may result in your removal from consideration. Cheating on the online assessment may also result in your removal from consideration.
To view one of the application forms, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10854752
This Job Is Open To:
- Federal employees-Competitive Service
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Family of overseas employees
- Military spouses
- Career Transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
- Land & base management
- Individuals with disabilities
- Special authorities not listed above. See full vacancy announcement for details.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit - Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to uncomfortable conditions in such places as agency facilities.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including time-in-grade restrictions and specialized experience, as defined below.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. (Must submit your SF-50 that shows Time-in-Grade eligibility and reflects your title, series, and grade.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience:
Specialized Experience*: You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that includes:
- Forming and leading teams charged with designing, conducting, and implementing surveys and program evaluation projects to identify gaps in existing programs and make recommendations on future activities or requirements to improve program effectiveness and efficiency;
- Personally performing program analysis and evaluation studies that are not sufficiently broad as to require a team approach;
- Developing and implementing management and performance planning, policy, and decision-making processes with staff members; and
- Analyzing and applying developments in management and program analysis as well as strategic planning and performance improvement principles, methods, and techniques to conduct surveys and evaluation projects for critical programs and activities.
*Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Based on your application and your responses to the application questionnaire, you may be presented with instructions on how to access the USA Hire system to complete the online assessments. The online assessments must be completed within 48 hours following the close of this announcement. You will have the opportunity to request a testing accommodation for the assessment should you have a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Your assessment results will be kept on record for 1 year and used toward future positions for which you might apply that require the same assessments.
To be considered for the position, you must meet all qualifications, including meeting or exceeding the cut score on the required assessments.
***MUST APPLY VIA USAJOBS only: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573285200 . Applications will not be accepted via Handshake. See announcement for full job description and application requirements. ***APPLICANTS: Read all information very carefully, provide ALL requested documents by the closing date and ensure you demonstrate that you meet all minimum qualifications in order to be considered for this position. Contact Catherine Lavin via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (816) 426-5706)*** if you have any questions on how to apply.***
The Food Safety and Inspection Service is the public health agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) responsible for protecting the public's health by ensuring the safety of the Nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and processed egg products. For more information on USDA and the Food Safety and Inspection Service, visit FSIS.