Research and Communications Intern
The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) is a 501(c3) nonprofit committed to combating climate change and protecting our land, water, and public health. By creating diverse alliances and building the power of the environmental community, we use our collective influence to ensure Massachusetts is a leader in environmental and economic sustainability.
ELM has a need for increased staff capacity within our Positioning Team from July – September/October 2020. The intern would manage or provide assistance with the following:
- Development research
- Event support, including Earth Night in September/October 2020
- Data management
- Graphic design
Due to the nature of ELM’s work, additional projects or events may arise throughout the internship that may fall under the purview of the intern.
The intern will report to VP of Strategic Partnerships Miriam Posner. They will work in close collaboration with ELM staff, including Liam Garvey, Liesel Davis, Ellen Tomlinson, and Miriam Posner.
- Research potential new sources of funding for the organization
- Research and prepare profiles on grant opportunities, foundations, corporations, and high net-worth individuals
- Research potential award and recognition opportunities for staff and organization
- Create profiles for promotion of the organization on non-profit platforms
- Research other topics relevant to ELM’s activities as necessary
- Track attendees
- Research corporate sponsorships
- Support event logistics including video production
- Enter data into Salesforce and update contacts on a regular basis
- Ensure the Salesforce database remains clean and up to date
- Design flyers, graphics, and/or videos for social media, website, and event invitations (using Canva)
- Aggregate photos
- Update website
- Support design of Annual Report
Competitive candidates will have strong writing and research skills and a keen attention to detail. Graphic design and video editing experience are a plus.
Up to 40 hours in summer, up to 20 in fall
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com addressed to Liesel Davis.