General Engineer, 574248100
- Serve on a wide range of Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Land and Maritime efforts in the Value Management Division (VE), by providing technical expertise on selected complex projects associated with all DoD major weapon systems.
- Coordinate engineering efforts with other DLA activities and military services to increase readiness of US Forces by reducing production lead-time and reducing costs through competition.
- Perform professional level evaluation of the essential technical characteristics of various weapon systems/components managed by DLA Land and Maritime.
- Evaluate the impacts of requirements for mechanical, environmental, electrical, testing, inspection, preservation, packaging, and part marking to support DLA customers (warfighter support), DLA procurements and overall DLA supply chain support.
- Prepare justification for engineering projects; plans the schedule; prepares, amends, or revises other related project / program documents.
- Attend government, industrial and international conferences to stay technically current and when required give presentations.