General Manager - Lafayette
We Build More Than Cakes... We Build Careers!
Our leadership team has a significant impact on promoting a luxury guest service experience. If you are looking for upward mobility and partnership with market leadership in a fast-paced environment, SusieCakes is the place for you!
With 27 bakeries led by EY Entrepreneur award-winner, Susan Sarich, SusieCakes has become an established organization with a 13-year history of success. We are dedicated to offering an emotionally intelligent culture that values loyalty and quality performance. As a result, we offer superior industry hours, product discounts, and a pet rescue reimbursement to all of our team members. Did we mention our teams are also off Thanksgiving, December 25th-27th, and New Year’s Day? Our full-time team members can take advantage of additional benefits including health insurance and 401(k). To become a part of our growing family, apply today!
What You'll be Doing:
- The General Manager is responsible for driving sales & probability in accordance with the annual budget and delivering superior guest service and the highest quality baked goods.
- Five years of managerial/leadership experience in the luxury, hospitality, food service and/or retail industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or hospitality management, preferred
- Access to an automobile and possesses drivers’ insurance that meets the SusieCakes’ required limits
- Working knowledge of a kitchen operation and has completed SusieCakes’ culinary training program
- Track record of leading and developing teams through clearly articulating expectations and holding team members accountable
- Ability to read and analyze a P&L and uses the tool to effectively drive the business
- Working knowledge of MS office programs
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching overhead
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
This position is compensated with a yearly salary and is eligible for bonuses.
For more information on our mission and culture, take a look at some of our videos below:
Susan's Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJIuaP3WzgA
Guest Service Team Member Testimonial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEAsBcNk9Ys
You can also stay in touch with us on social media:
SusieCakes will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year