The Water Resource Recovery Operations & Services Department is seeking a Construction Coordinator. This position provides construction coordination for the wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, and force main construction projects.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions)
- Serves as point of contact for consultants, contractors, and vendors involved in the construction of wastewater treatment plant facilities, wastewater treatment pump stations, and other wastewater infrastructure. Coordinates and implements construction projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serves as project manager for capital improvement and capital replacement projects. Assists in identifying, scoping, negotiating, and budgeting projects; drafts and reviews contracts; provides construction observations, site walk through, and specification and drawings review for the contractor, engineer, and owner; attends design and construction meetings; and resolves construction issues.
- Develops and reviews engineering design plans and specifications for capital improvement projects for equipment selection, layout, and contractibility; reviews engineer's cost estimates and provides value engineering proposals; and reviews proposed sequences of construction.
- Provides contract document review of drawings and specifications for operational coordination, construction quality, and completeness with engineering and management staff. Assists the engineering design team with review of inter-disciplinary coordination.
- Develops alternative operational strategies for construction coordination to ensure wastewater operations function efficiently and with minimal interruptions.
- Coordinates construction activities with District operations, maintenance, electrical, instrumentation, management, and general contractor staff. Minimizes adverse impact to plant/pump stations processes and District staff related to construction projects.
- Provides construction contract management and inspection for compliance with contract documents and District quality standards for civil, mechanical, structural, electrical, and instrumentation disciplines. Position provides construction contract warranty coordination.
- Establishes positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures required easements are written correctly and are acquired in accordance with the established guidelines; and environmental, land use, and other permits are acquired prior to the start of the construction.
- Works with the public to ensure construction projects are delivered safely and with minimal disruptions to the public.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
- Increasingly responsible experience in construction coordination of wastewater treatment facilities including pump stations, wastewater facility design, and wastewater treatment facility operations.
- College level coursework in construction project management, wastewater treatment plant design, wastewater treatment operations, and pump station design. A Bachelor's of Science in civil, environmental, or construction engineering is preferred.
Certification and Licensure:
- Upon selection, candidate must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver's license.
To apply, please visit our career website at: http://cleanwaterservices.org/about-us/careers/