Industrial Maintenance Technician
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Industrial)
Location: Greenville, MI
Reports to: Maintenance Team Leader
Summary: Largely responsible for troubleshooting and repair of equipment, assisting with tasks which go beyond the scope of knowledge of the lower classifications, suggesting methods of process improvement, participation of machine installations, and suggesting and implementing machinery upgrades.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, diagnosis & repair of electrical and machine controls circuits defined as: conveyor drive systems, motor starter circuits, VFD's, I/O Switch Functions, Equipment wiring/grounding techniques and A/C & D/C Electronic concepts
- Proficiency in mechanical maintenance (hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps/vaccuums)
- Completion of service documentation
- Performing major repairs/rebuilds
- Participating and assisting in machine installations; Suggesting and implementing machinery upgrades/improvements
- Identifying opportunities for and helping to implement process improvements
- Assisting with retrofit, rebuild, upgrade, automation, and machine building projects
- Assisting in the training of teammates scheduling and monitoring of Preventative Maintenance programs
- Read/interpret relay and PLC ladder logic
- Expected to assist in implementation of PM and Pd.M.
- Identifying opportunities for and implementing automation and machine building projects
- Managing retrofit, rebuild and upgrade projects
- Some experience with PLC troubleshooting
Specific Classification Criteria
- Maintenance Technicians need to work effectively well with peers in a team environment with very little supervision and are expected to make suggestions for process improvement and assist in making the processes/equipment more efficient.
- Ability to complete service documentation and other paperwork relative to duties performed. This will include work orders/service reports, purchase requisitions, and any other forms/documentation requested by the department manager and/or team leader.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of machine problems.
- Responsible for performing major repairs/rebuilds. In general, those considered major repairs would require extensive disassembly and re-assembly of one or more mechanical systems, or those requiring a high level of knowledge or skill.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years formal education in industrial electrical or mechanical maintenance from an accredited community college, technical center or approved accredited apprenticeship program OR at least 2 to 5 years applicable work experience in an industrial automotive setting.
- Must possess and demonstrate aptitude in the mechanical and electrical, machine controls and hydraulics, pneumatics/vacuum primary skills.
- Must be familiar with current machinery and control technologies. These technicians will be expected to effectively assist in the design, build, programming, and testing of machinery and/or control systems.
- Must be computer literate.
- Welding and/or fabrication experience a plus
- Lift from floor to shoulder and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally
- Push a wheeled cart of tools around floor
- Reach away from body with forward full arm extension, including extensive forward and back movement with 3 pound ratchet
- Frequent twisting and bending at waist to pick up items on floor
- Perform simple grasping with both hands for extended periods
- Stand or walk throughout majority of shift
- Walk between machines throughout majority of shift
- Pull 200-700 pounds using a hand jack
- Perform occasional climbing
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.