TITLE: Engineering intern, minimum 6 months
COMPANY: Neptune Medical is a Silicon Valley lean venture-funded medical device start-up that is designing, building, and commercializing next-generation medical products across multiple clinical areas.
ROLE: We are seeking a current undergraduate or masters student for a role as an engineering intern. The ideal candidate would demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed the below requirements, would show a high level of individual responsibility, and would act with passion and intensity in a fast-paced and collaborative medical device start-up. This position will be a paid internship, from now until March 2021 at a minimum, but ideally until August 2021.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a large number of devices that can be used for design and manufacturing optimization.
- Assist with extensive testing, including on the bench and in tissue models.
- Design, build, test, and evolve prototypes.
- Create test reports that clearly present data that was reliably collected and analyzed.
- Create novel ideas.
- CAD components and assemblies (we use Onshape).
- Develop test methods, protocols and reports to evaluate components, systems, and processes.
- Create manufacturing methods & documentation, including Manufacturing Process Instructions and Bills of Materials.
- Perform analytical calculations.
- Design and assemble manufacturing equipment.
- Work closely with vendors.
- Work effectively within the confines of a regulated, quality-system driven, FDA-monitored medical device environment.
- Work well both independently and as part of a fast-moving, collaborative team.
- Familiarity with basic hand tools and fabrication methods such as machining, injection molding, and 3D printing.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Undergraduate or masters student majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical / Biomechanical Engineering.
- Related majors are acceptable, but you should be able to convince us that you have the appropriate skills and interest to meet the job requirements. Interest and/or background in medical devices is a plus.
- Significant hands-on engineering experience and aptitude is a must. You have built actual things!
- Inventive and balanced with discipline and attention to detail.
- A demonstrated desire to play an important role in a small, lean, medical device start-up.
- Good communication skills.
PLEASE SEND US:
- A short cover letter showing us that you have read this ad and are responding to our needs as well as your specific availability. This really matters! Tell us, briefly, why you could be great in this role.
- Your resume.
- Ideally, some samples of your work. This could be a link to a website, a portfolio in PDF or word, some JPGs or whatever you think can give us a sense for what you have done.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact
We are located in Burlingame, CA near the Millbrae intermodal (BART/Caltrain) station.