Quality Engineer Intern
At Masonite, we make doors that do more. Our Purpose is We help people walk through walls, and by doing this we open new doors of opportunity for customers, partners and employees.
Six Cultural Pillars represent our organization’s culture and the behaviors employees demonstrate:
· Integrity Under Pressure
· People Are Key
· Hold the Door Open
· Flexibility in Every Fiber
· Results Hinge on Accountability
· On the Threshold of What’s Next
As a Quality Engineer Intern, you will work with the Northumberland Quality team in driving defect reductions and further building the Quality Management System (QMS). Specific assignments may vary depending on specific business needs and intern qualifications. The program is designed so that candidates are not only exposed to but put into practice various aspects of Quality Engineering including: Root Cause Analysis Tools. 5-Why, Ishikawa, 8-D Corrective Action, Advanced Data Analysis, Control Plans, Risk Assessment with FMEA, Quality Management Systems.
- Approximately 11-week summer assignment at a Masonite, Northumberland, PA
- Development of personal and professional skills through training, networking and mentoring relationships
- Interactions with senior leaders during intern activities such as lunch-and-learn events, 1:1 leadership dialogues and executive report outs
- The opportunity to build teamwork skills through interaction with other interns and colleagues
- Develop work instructions, procedures, FMEAs, Control Plans, and other supporting documentation in the deployment of Masonite Quality Management System
- Identify methods to automate data collection and utilize SPC (Statistical Process Control) to analyze.
- Lead a cross functional team focused on driving improvements for certain defects
- Identify opportunities and solutions for automating Inspection process steps (Machine Vision)
· Student must be pursuing a Technical, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or Technology
- Must have an interest in manufacturing, quality, material science, process control, instrumentation, automation, CNC, etc.
- Possess strong skills in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills, and keen attention to detail