Engineering Technician Internship
CRL is looking to add a current student or immediate graduate to their Engineering Technician (ET) team in an internship role. The ET team is responsible for assembly, testing, and troubleshooting electromechanical product. In addition this position will be required to problem solve, applying electrical and mechanical knowledge to solve technical challenges, and strive to bring CRL's product offerings to the highest level of quality, reliability and value.
Intern will learn to use various machines and gain technical knowledge about electromechanical systems while being an integral part of product launches. Under the direct supervision of senior members of the ET team, the position will provide ample hands-on time with various electromechanical systems.
For the spring internship click here:
For the summer internship click here:
You will be given opportunities to:
- Assemble, and test electromechanical prototype designs from first phase designs
- Learn/Improve how to read and interpret technical drawings & schematics (Solidworks, CAD, etc.)
- Troubleshoot electromechanical products
- Use laboratory test equipment
- Troubleshoot processes and test equipment
- Design and build test fixtures and assembly tooling
- Learn/Improve electrical assembly skills; soldering, cable/harness assembly
- Work with ET to teach production technicians on safety, quality, and process for new product designs
- Support all safety and quality initiatives including: 5S, ESD, FOD
- Support Process Improvements
- Perform other related duties as required
- Skilled hands-on worker with troubleshooting abilities
- Interest in determining WHY an issue occurred and not just how to fix it
- Excel within a cross functional team environment
- Proactive and action oriented; works the details as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to multi task in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs.
- Current student or immediate graduate of two-year technical degree or equivalent
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with precision instrumentation and complex electromechanical systems preferred
Occasional travel for field support and testing may be required.
Reporting to: Product Launch Manager, ET Supervisor, & ET Mentor
Carnegie Robotics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.