Jr Data Engineer July Start Date
Job Title: Jr Data Engineer
Travel/Relocation: Must be open to both
Working at Capgemini:
Are you interested in working in a high-tech global consulting firm focused on digital transformations and tech solution implementations? We are looking for a goal oriented compassionate person who can work in a fast-paced environment. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to hire a motivated person who is excited to take the next steps with Capgemini.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion. Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
You will be working with Capgemini’s Banking and Insurance clients for developing, testing and maintaining business applications after initial 4-week training program. During the training program, you will be trained to enhance your relevant programming, delivery and consultative skills to be successful in your role. During your tenure, you’ll be working on our client projects in financial services industry on challenging projects that have the potential to change the way we trade. You’ll work closely with a mentor who will provide guidance, growth opportunities, and genuine feedback. We provide an ideal opportunity for bright engineering-savvy minds to put their talents to the test in real-world applications
· Design, develop, and automate data pipelines in agile environment leveraging commercial and open source technologies such as Cloud offerings, Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, NoSQL, and In-memory Data Grids
· Collaborate with senior data engineers, be self-driven, and able to work independently and in teams
· Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
· Perform unit and integration testing, work closely with testing teams to identify root causes of bugs and provide fixes
· Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
· Provide practical and creative data engineering solutions
· Participate in code review process
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science or related field
· Experience working with and developing big data solutions
· Exposure to cloud technologies
· Hands-on experience on writing shell scripts, complex SQL queries, Hadoop commands, and Git
· Ability to write abstracted, reusable code components
· Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: Scala, Java, C/C++, or Python
· Performance tuning experience
· Experience in developing Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase on Hadoop and cloud technologies
· Familiarity with ETL tools like Informatica, Ab Initio, Hortonworks, Zookeeper, and Oozie is a plus
· Willingness to learn new technologies quickly
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the willingness to collaborate across teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff.
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.