Recruitment Consultant – Akron/Cleveland Area
Thomas Thor is an International recruitment and consultancy services organization, focused in the low carbon energy industry. We are a global leader in providing solutions to our clients’ talent acquisition needs. This opportunity is based in our Akron, Ohio location and we have offices in Amsterdam, the UK, Finland, France, Abu Dhabi, Canada and Charlotte, NC.
Thomas Thor specializes in the low carbon energy industry by delivering high caliber leaders and technical staff in support of decommissioning and waste management, commercial nuclear, nuclear supply chain, EPC firms and nuclear technology providers throughout the world. Our service offerings include Executive Recruitment, Contract Staffing and Campaign Recruitment to support all levels and functions within our client’s organizations.
The foundation of our business is a deep understanding of each of our client’s specific hiring needs and a track record to source professionals and leaders of the highest caliber. We strive to not only be the best at Search Execution, but to be thought leaders in the world of global energy talent. Thomas Thor Associates offers career potential in an international, fast pasted, dynamic and results driven environment, with high caliber colleagues.
You will join the Thomas Thor business in North America, partnering with teammates and clients to obtain clear view on strategic hiring needs to develop and implement a targeted talent acquisition strategy for their needs.
You’ll be involved in all steps of the recruitment process including talent mapping, sourcing and developing candidate and client relationships. By gaining industry intelligence and developing expertise in the energy talent market, you will become a trusted resource to candidates, clients, and your colleagues.
· Partnering with Project Director, engage with clients to get a clear view of their strategic and financial objectives and hiring needs and devise and carry out a targeted sourcing and research strategy to meet those needs
· Execution of search techniques to generate pipelines of active and passive candidates necessary for client positions through direct sourcing methods (networking, referrals, social media, research, and cold calling)
· Contact sourced candidates to present and discuss the opportunity, client value proposition and unique selling points of the role.
· Screening and interviewing candidates to ensure they are fully suitable (i.e. both qualified and interested) for the role.
· Use the Applicant Tracking System (Bullhorn) in the search and recruitment process, documenting and tracking activity
· Assist with Project Documents and Client Deliverables
· Maintain and develop strong candidate relationships by actively networking in the industry
· Building and maintaining the Thomas Thor global reputation by consistent high-quality communication and relationship management with all candidates and applicants
· Proactively building our nuclear community by identifying and qualifying ‘high potential’
candidates and recommending these candidates for representation
· Through communication and relationships with both candidates and clients you will proactively identify leads to turn over to the Business Development Team to further develop into business opportunities.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· BS/BA or equivalent undergraduate degree
· Experience with a Candidate Applicant Tracking System and a CRM system preferred
· A love of research and a high degree of organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including, the confidence and ability to liaise with senior-level clients and candidates
· A flexible mindset and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
· A self-starter who doesn’t require constant oversight
· Excellent work ethic and ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and follow through
· A natural curiosity to understand what makes people tick and who thrives in different environments
· Strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
· Thomas Thor offers a startup culture with career growth and international opportunities
· Access to existing client accounts on major long-term projects
· Extensive training program
· Long term career opportunities
We value hard work, teamwork, proactiveness and result oriented thinking.