Machine Learning Scientist
HEALTH[at]SCALE is a rapidly growing post-Series A Silicon Valley-based healthcare machine intelligence startup founded by machine learning and clinical faculty with strong ties to MIT, Stanford, Harvard and U-Michigan. The company was one of Forbes’ “25 Machine Learning Startups to Watch” for 2019. Our mission is to bring precision delivery to healthcare through cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence that can predictively match the world's patients to the right treatments by the right providers at the right times. HEALTH[at]SCALE's machine intelligence platform and applications for care prediction are among the largest deployments to date of machine learning technologies for healthcare; helping leading organizations manage tens of millions of individuals in live production use. The company's software solutions service a broad range of use cases for managed care, accountable care and self-insured organizations, including: early targeted prediction and prevention of adverse outcomes, optimizing care planning and guiding effective treatment; refining and navigating provider networks; and reducing fraud, waste and abuse. For more information, please visit our website.
- Design and implement new predictive machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Extract novel insights from healthcare datasets to improve outcomes and economics of care
- Identify and formulate analytical problems underlying major healthcare challenges
- Design experiments and conduct rigorous analytical studies for evaluation and improvement
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and visualization
- Work closely with engineering teams to turn methods into production-ready technologies
- Engage with a growing customer base to define opportunities
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics and machine learning in academia or industry
- Strong understanding of the foundational concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Familiarity with modern machine learning and optimization toolkits
- Strong proficiency in Python or R
- Excellent communication skills
- Track record of publishing at leading AI/ML venues (e.g., NIPS, ICML, AAAI, ICDM, KDD)
- Experience working with healthcare datasets (e.g., EHR/claims/omics/device/notes/image data)
HEALTH[at]SCALE offers competitive salary, stock options, 401k, high-quality health benefits (medical, dental and vision), parental leave benefits and flexible work hours. Our team matters deeply to us and we place great importance on maintaining a positive work-life balance and to empowering each other to maximally achieve our personal and professional goals. HEALTH[at]SCALE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: HEALTH[at]SCALE does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HEALTH[at]SCALE employees or any organization location. HEALTH[at]SCALE is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.