Laboratory Operations Assistant/Specialist
Boost Biomes is using the powerful social networks among microbes to provide novel, sustainable solutions to feed and heal people everywhere. Our technology differentiator is the development of a causal understanding of microbial interactions powerful enough to allow the rational construction of designer functional consortia.
Our first products seek to reduce the enormous waste in agricultural products due to crop loss to fungal pests in the field and post-harvest. There is significant need for new biological, organic, safe biopesticides for crops; current chemical products have many challenges, such as regulatory burden for growers and safety concerns of consumers.
Harnessing the power of microbiomes will be imperative to a sustainable future. Boost’s core technology is a proprietary discovery platform that uses high throughput sequencing, selective enrichment and advanced informatics to identify microbial products with important commercial roles. Boost is uniquely positioned at the leading edge of a quickly expanding field looking to tap into the value offered by understanding and engineering microbiomes.
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic operations assistant to work full-time, 30-40 hours per week, flexible schedule will be mutually agreed upon on a routine basis. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Work closely with the Director of Operations to oversee daily business and laboratory operations
· Laboratory – maintain SDS and chemical inventory records, shipping and receiving, asset tagging, equipment maintenance
· Office – procurement, placing orders, maintaining information in procurement software, order follow-up/resolution; organizing files; restocking office supplies and snacks
· Support the staff with organization (digital or physical); general administrative / paperwork, within and between organizations; generally expediting various business operations
· Proactively recommend improvements to organizing information and providing assistance to staff
· Collaborate with staff to improve performance and work efficiency
· Attend to any correspondence and emails by staff, vendors and contractors
Who you are
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
· Studying biological sciences and/or business with an interest in biotechnology
· Strong business acumen, attention to detail and multitasking abilities
· Possess a entrepreneurial mindset
· Reliable and can execute and complete tasks at-hand in a timely manner
· Experience in a business work environment and/or laboratory environment preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
· Collaborative and customer-service oriented
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional analytical skills to sift through, organize, and prioritize (with supervisor’s guidance) high volumes of data, information and tasks
· Minimum 1-2 years collegiate education with 1 year laboratory experience