DC Leader In Training
At PetSmart, we believe pets make us better people. That’s why we create more moments for people to be inspired by pets.
PetSmart is looking for enthusiastic undergrads with the drive to develop into strong leaders. Let us help you jumpstart your career with the support you need to become a successful leader in our Distribution Center (DC) Leader in Training Program.
Our DC Leader in Training Program offers you the opportunity to rotate through the various departments of a PetSmart Distribution Center. You’ll also gain the operational skills you’ll need to run your own department effectively - and you won’t be doing it alone! You’ll learn from experienced leaders and have a dedicated mentor to help you along the way. After twelve months in the program, you’ll be ready to assume the role of a DC Operations Supervisor for PetSmart. As a Leader in Training you will have the opportunity to learn the ropes of leading a winning team by being the trusted partner to your associates and peers. Come join our pack!
Sound like something that would get your tail wagging? Then come join our team as a DC Leader in Training!
What will you do?
- Learn to lead a team of diverse associates from an experienced network of leaders
- Operate in a big box DC and get hands-on exposure to a Fortune 300 retailer’s supply chain
- Monthly conference calls with your cohort and various guest speakers
- Understand the different DC departments: receiving, replenishment, order fill, shipping, DC services, and the fish department
- Inspire a culture of belonging – you will get the opportunity to engage and develop your team to reach their potential
- Leadership development curriculum
- Fast-paced, energetic work environment
- Supportive manager and dedicated mentor
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Exposure to supply chain operations
- Bachelor’s degree (within the past 12 months or on track to graduate by December or May)
- Supply Chain, Operations, or Logistics Major preferred
- A passion for distribution center operations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Openness to relocate and adapt to change
- An essential function of the position can include heavy lifting, up to and including 70 lbs.
- This position requires continuous standing and walking, up to and including 12-hour shifts
What are you waiting for? Click here to apply today and jump-start your career the smart way, with PetSmart!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Applicants must be over the age of 18.