Software Support Engineer
Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
We are a unique, innovative, and fun company with a strong mission: to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles. We have a huge passion for our product and our customers; no matter what role you might play in the company, you can sense that there is something special about what we do and who we are.
When you join the Support team at Inductive Automation, you immediately walk into an environment of collaborative and active problem-solving. Our team members not only get to learn how to work with one of the most innovative SCADA products available, but they get to help talented, technical customers from around the globe keep their systems running smoothly and efficiently.
On our Support team you work in tandem with our other divisions, including our development team, gaining valuable skills and learning about the opportunities available in the world of industrial automation.
The ideal candidate is someone energized by the possibilities offered through programming and also appreciates customer interaction. This is a strategic, challenging and fulfilling position that doesn’t require you to stare at code for hours on end.
- Assist customers with technical questions relating to Inductive Automation’s Ignition and peripheral software
- Utilize creative problem-solving skills to assist in technical troubleshooting and analysis for customer reported issues
- Manage and maintain incoming support tickets and phone calls from customers from receipt through resolution
- Understand Inductive Automation software and their applications & features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience
- Familiar with Windows, Linux (Ubuntu) and OSX Platforms
- Familiar with programming languages (Java, Python, .NET, similar)
- Familiar with SQL databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, similar)
- Experience with SQL languages
- General networking experience (routers, switches, subnets, vlan, etc…)
- A broad technical curiosity and proven technical understanding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability.
Verification of US employment eligibility required