Virtual Business Development / Corporate Partnerships Summer Internship
Position: Virtual Business Development Internship
# of Hours: 8-12+ hours per week, summer 20-40+ hours
Paid/Unpaid: Unpaid with the ability to use towards college credit, opportunity to receive $100 stipends ($100 per competition) if also facilitating in the SuitUp programs
Overview of Suit Up
Founded in 2014, SuitUp is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases college and career awareness for students from underserved, high need communities. SuitUp organizes week-long virtual business competitions for corporate volunteers where employees help students solve a problem for a real company, like creating a new shoe for Nike or a new product for Beats by Dre. Since inception, SuitUp has hosted competitions for corporate partners such as ViacomCBS, Snap Inc., Goldman Sachs, NBCUniversal, LinkedIn and many others, organizing events for over 6,000 volunteers and impacting more than 8,500 students.
Through this internship, you will have an opportunity to enhance SuitUp’s relationship development through three major work streams: (1) Develop a list of top prospective corporate partners (2) Create strategy to re-engage past SuitUp partners and (3) Assist with proactive outreach to companies/individuals (via phone, email and LinkedIn) to pitch and schedule SuitUp competitions for the fall, spring, and summer.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate with professionals from a variety of industries (financial services, PR, tech, media, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail in how to communicate, send emails, present materials etc.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiatives and run with projects independently
• Organized, energetic and positive with natural leadership qualities
- A passion for education and increasing career awareness for students in underserved communities
- Previous work experience in sales, marketing, education or event planning is preferred
- Experience working in a start-up organization in which everyone wears many different hats
- Network with our diverse client base, which includes thousands of volunteers from some of the largest companies in the world such as Deloitte, Moody’s, KPMG, NBCUniversal, and Goldman Sachs
- Join a talented team in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Increase career awareness and marketable skills for thousands of students from
- underserved communities
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely as needed