Analyst, Member Services
CareJourney’s mission is to empower individuals and organizations they trust with open, clinically-relevant analytics and insights in the pursuit of the optimal healthcare journey. We are a fast-growing start-up in Arlington, VA that builds software products to serve industry-leading customers that include Pfizer, Humana, and Microsoft. Our founders and leadership developed the policy and technology in the public and private sector that shape the work we do today. We are looking for driven professionals that are excited to join a growing business where they will have a strong voice in the direction and success of the company. Our culture embraces teamwork and cross-functional collaboration for a fun and exciting environment.
We are looking for a talented, motivated, and high-performing Analyst to join our Member Services team. The Analyst will demonstrate strong analytic, project management and interpersonal skills to support assigned customers and projects. They will be responsible for performing analyses to inform member’s business strategies and decisions, communicating and delivering on key milestones based on member priorities, and supporting the development and deployment of CareJourney’s suite of insights, products and services to its member-base.
- Serve as the external facing primary point of contact for various short-term and ongoing client engagements, involving direct communication and interaction with stakeholders of varying levels within large/complex accounts
- Assist with sizing and scoping of new analytic engagements and projects
- Design and construct data analysis and visualizations consistent with known business requirements on a wide range of healthcare business topics
- QA peer work through review of the code line and data validation
- Deliver completed work to client points of contact
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at CareJourney including but not limited to: Technology, Data Science and Business Development
- Perform additional team responsibilities as necessary
- BS/BA degree
- 2 – 5 years of experience in analytics or comparable experience
- Experience in the health care industry, particularly experience working with various types of healthcare claims data (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Proficient analytical skills, including data analysis and synthesis, leveraging BI tools, including but not limited to SQL, SAS, and Tableau
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills, prioritizing various tasks effectively across multiple accounts at the same time
- Able to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Advanced degree (MS) in healthcare, public health related or data science related fields
- Knowledge of, or experience with, health economics or outcomes research (HEOR), CMS/CMMI Alternative Payment Models (APMs), the payer space, and quality metrics
- Prior experience with CMS’s Virtual Research Data Center (VRDC)
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis: regression, predictive modeling, collaborative filtering, etc. and analytical modeling using large datasets
- Interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement and statistics
About CareJourney – Headquartered in Arlington, VA, CareJourney currently supports leading payer, provider, and life sciences organizations across the US in achieving their goals by wringing new, high value insights out of expansive population claims data. Through our solutions, we provide members with interactive dashboards around network design and management, care model management, patient risk segmentation and cohort analysis, spend and utilization trends, network integrity, low-value care, and provider, practice and facility (acute and post-acute) performance. Founded in 2014, CareJourney is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please visit us at www.carejourney.com for more.