Production Management Development Assistant (Level 2)
Manufacturing is the core of our business—producing the products that pets love and people trust is no small feat. We’ve been around for a while; we’ve revolutionized and refined the process, but we continue to dare ourselves to ask, “What’s next?”.
Joining Nestlé Purina as a Production Management Development Associate means you're joining our factory family. You'll play a key role in leading people and the operations floor through the entire path to high-quality pet food production. You’ll experience information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, accounting, human resources, R&D engineering, engineering management, and operations performance to understand how each of these areas collaborate with the production management work that you’ll do. Following your experiential training, you’ll handle all aspects that touch and affect the production line—the epicenter of our factories.
Why a manufacturing leadership developmental role with us versus somewhere else? Taking the production path as a Management Development Associate is a full-time, entry-level position that’s a fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You’re the future leader of our business.
- Discover a variety of the field concepts, practices and procedures that will allow you to rely on experience and discernment to plan and accomplish your goals
- Practice personal safety and be an example to the organization in terms of employee safety and protection of company assets
- Lead and oversee the execution of production schedules
- Ensure the flow of materials, parts and resources necessary for plant-wide production
- Perform various complicated tasks, including management of employees. Plan methods to improve efficiency in production and be assigned production improvement tasks
- Maintain compliance with approved methods and quality standards
- Develop leadership skills and experience
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Must be open to relocation to one or more of our 21 production facilities across the U.S.
- B. S. in Business Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field
- 1 or more years of experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, production, or a related environment
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States in order to qualify for one of these positions.
Locations: Clinton, IA; Crete, NE; Jefferson, WI; Fairburn, GA
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.