Transportation & Logistics Summer Intern
Join a family.
Since 1932, NFI has been a leader in the logistics and distribution industry. What started out as a family run business has grown to be one of the most exciting logistics and distribution companies in North America. NFI continues to provide end-to-end logistics in a way that not only meets or exceeds goals, yet also transforms the experience through an unparalleled commitment to their customers.
Grounded by the values that guide us in the office, warehouse and on-the-road to always do the right thing, in a safe environment that allows us to deliver first-in class service, their family of employees come together each day in a spirit of innovation, care and teamwork that extends well beyond their walls.
Family. Integrity. Safety. Customers. Teamwork. Social Responsibility.
The Transportation Intern will gain valuable on-hands logistics and distribution experience. You are responsible for supporting a dedicated transportation team through the completion of daily administrative tasks. Through hand's on experience, you will have the ability to gain a thorough understanding of the Transportation network of major corporations and the integral role 3PL providers play.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates appointment scheduling Assists in the load planning Assists in payroll data entry
- Data Entry into TMS
- Processes driver paperwork Monitors and updates maintenance files
- Files POD and other paperwork
- Monitors and updates process and ship logs
- Assists in updating route books
- Assists in other duties as needed by Project Manager and management
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potentially holidays as needed by the customer
Experience, Education, and Training:
- Computer applications using MS Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Current Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor's Degree