Event Data Management Associate - Sports Specialist
viagogo is the leading global marketplace for music, sports, and entertainment tickets. We have finalized a deal to acquire StubHub and look forward to continuing our market leadership.
Despite our rapid growth while revolutionizing a 100-billion-dollar industry, we maintain our start-up ethos and data-driven, collaborative culture. We believe that small, cross-functional teams can achieve extraordinary results. Fans from nearly every country in the world can find millions of tickets to their favorite events in the language, currency, and with the device of their choice.
We provide the widest possible choice of tickets to events around the world and help ticket sellers reach a global audience. viagogo has partnered with many of the world’s leading brands in sports and entertainment while helping fans access unforgettable experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Overview of the role
We’re looking to hire an ambitious, intelligent, and talented Sports Event Specialist for our Event Data Management Team. In this role, you’ll learn what it takes to execute the operations in a high-growth, fast-paced e-commerce business. The role is based in New York City, and includes a competitive basic salary, a fun team, a great working environment and amazing career prospects. Candidates should expect and be willing to work flexible hours, including working on some weekends and public holidays.
- The Online Store Data Management team is responsible for all the live events (e.g.: sports, concerts, festivals, theatre, etc..) related content and data on the website. Our sports specialists are responsible for all sporting events around the world. This means:
- Creating sporting events on our website with all the required basic information, so that we have the most comprehensive and global catalogue of live events in the world
- Improving the quality and richness of the live event data on our website, so that it is more attractive to customers. This in practice means a wide range of tasks, varying from designing and managing our venue maps, to researching and finding additional information about venues or adding images of performing artists to our website
- Reviewing and editing live event data to ensure everything is merchandised accurately, with all the purchasing and selling parameters configured correctly
- Fixing and troubleshooting any issues that arise. Requires you to build strong domain knowledge and coordinate with other internal teams, especially the customer care
- You will have full ownership at a country and/or regional level to maximize accountability and be required to master proprietary software tools.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interest and knowledge in a wide range of US sports
- Strong work ethic with a "get it done" attitude; very motivated and pro-active
- Organized and reliable with attention to detail and with the ability to multi-task
- Proven capability of responding readily and flexibly in a fast-changing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Languages: fluency in English. Other languages are a bonus
- High interest in music and/or sports
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- Eligible to work in the US
What we offer
Here at viagogo, we are proud of our multicultural and vibrant culture, innovative offices, and the newest technologies used. You can be a part of this exciting environment and show your talents. Once part of the team, you will have access to our wide benefits package:
· An environment where you can quickly grow your skills, autonomy, and knowledge
· A+ Compensation Package
· Paid Time Off, 401k, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
· Dog-friendly office, weekly lunches, office snacks, and team events