Business Development Associate
At GiveCampus, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We’ve become the world’s leading social fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions, and we’re trusted by nearly 1,000 colleges, universities, and K-12 schools. We’re profitable and continuing to expand our team to support our aggressive growth trajectory, and we’re looking to hire exceptional, motivated, diverse candidates.
We’re looking for a Business Development Associate -- an all-star hustler who loves being in front of customers. This person will creatively and persistently engage schools, qualify them, build relationships with the goal of setting up product demos. They will have autonomy to own their pipeline, identify areas for improvement and drive improvements across the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving revenue growth within a territory of prospective and existing partner schools
- Doing discovery calls, qualifying leads, setting up and conducting demos
- Working with marketing to draft and send highly tailored communications to prospective schools
- Identifying ways to improve our product and the value we bring to our partner schools
- Executing on a wide range of projects that help grow GiveCampus
- Contributing to a team culture focused on getting results and overcoming challenges to create sales success
Key things we'll be looking for:
- An extraordinary track record and a reputation for rolling up your sleeves and getting results
- An engaging personality and a healthy sense of humor (e.g., someone we want to get stuck in an airport with)
- Outstanding resourcefulness and grit
- Dedication to what we’re building at GiveCampus, and helping to advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education
- Customer-facing experience in inside sales or sales.
Extra credit if you have:
- Experience related to SaaS products, B2B or enterprise sales, and/or the education or non-profit market
- Experience working in advancement/development or alumni relations at an educational institution or other non-profit
- Experience at a tech company
- Experience with crowdfunding, peer-to-peer fundraising, or other fundraising activities.
- Volunteered to help a school raise money or engage its alumni (e.g., as a “class agent”, “class chair/ambassador”, or “reunion committee member”)