Summer Intern, Business Intelligence
At Office Depot, we’re all about inspiring the determined go-getters of the world achieve their dreams. Just as we believe in providing the very services, solutions and products to our customers, we also believe in providing the very best opportunities, resources and development to our associates. #LifeAtDepot is more than just building your career; it’s about embracing transformation, sparking innovation and pushing you to be the difference.
The intern will complete one or more projects involving program creation, maintenance, communication, implementation and analyze the results for their assigned departments. Interns will support the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, and dashboards to drive key business decisions. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation. Analyze and solve problems at their root while simultaneously stepping back to understand the broader context. Interns will also assist with other duties within their department as needed. At the end of the program, the intern will present their project/s to Senior management and above.
As an intern, you will receive cross-functional exposure through our fully immersive summer internship program. You will be challenged with creating solutions that impact the business through on-going initiatives and by driving your own projects in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance & Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Data Science
- Human Resources
- Merchandise & Services
- Supply Chain & Procurement
- Business Solutions/Contract Sales
- Retail Operations
- Proven leadership skills alongside academic, athletic, or extracurricular excellence.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and self-teach new skills.
- Fearlessly curious – challenging the status quo by looking at solutions in unconventional ways and seeing opportunities to innovate.
- Strong sense of business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during entire length of program.
- Knowledge and/or experience with SQL, ETI, and Databases are preferred.
- Degree or concentration in MIS or Computer Science.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be enrolled in an accredited university with a minimum of 60 credit hours completed at time of hire.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.