UpNext Program Associate
UpNext Program Associate
Palo Alto, CA
Next Insurance is a fast-growing 400+ person startup based in Silicon Valley and is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. Next has raised over $630 million from top tier investors and is the valley’s latest unicorn, valued at over $2 billion.
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
UpNext’s mission is to develop future business leaders by empowering, mentoring, and enabling them to build and learn across a variety of teams at Next Insurance.
We are looking for top new graduates to join our 18-month business rotation program designed to develop, train, and hire candidates from a variety of backgrounds into teams across Next Insurance. You will have the opportunity to accrue experience within two business functions across the company in areas of your choice including Insurance, Community Success, Data, Product, Channel Sales, Lifecycle Marketing, and Finance. You will work closely with experienced mentors with exposure to high priority projects in order to learn a range of skills, build institutional knowledge, and identify function interest for future placement.
Mentorship is at the core of the UpNext Program. Each Program Associate will have multiple mentors throughout the program; one who stays with them throughout their program experience, and one for each functional rotation. These relationships will help Program Associates navigate the organization as well as gain the critical skills and business understanding needed to perform in their roles.
What You’ll Do:
- Select a track at the beginning of the program and complete two 9-month rotations on different teams
- Work in a dynamic cross-functional environment, with a heavy focus on team-based projects
- Partner with corporate functions, business strategy, technology segments and customer-facing business teams to understand Next’s strategy and priorities, and to influence future strategy
- Work on meaningful projects that help drive critical business and organizational goals
- Receive coaching and mentoring from our internal network of professionals
- Participate in leadership development intensives focused on critical business skills
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a relevant field: CS, Marketing, Business, Data Science, etc.
- GPA of >3.5
- Course work, relevant work experience, or personal projects which demonstrate the ability to drive projects through collaboration and provide technical solutions
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.